Chapter 2: The Encounter

Cid and Delta found Claire within 15 minutes even though it took her an hour to get to where she is now. Cid started to carry Delta and he covered her mouth with slime because she was terrible at espionage. Delta started wrestling but thankfully she calmed down after realizing her boss was on a secret mission with her.

After following Claire for another 30 minutes they've finally reached the Forbidden Sector. Cid decided to split up with Claire because Delta was throwing a hissy-fit and she had to stay quiet for 30 minutes. "Delta go find Beta and tell her to come." Said Cid trying to occupy her time with something. "But then Delta won't be on a secret mission with boss!" Delta said depressingly.
"I'll go hunting with you later" Cid said even though he knew he wouldn't be needed. This took Delta out of her foul mood. "Yay, hunting with boss! Delta will find Beta Super-Fast!" Said Delta running off.

Now that Delta was gone Cid finally had time to think about his plan on how to take the bounty from Claire. He had to think quick and act fast. He knew he had to come up with something fast or the bounty would slip away. So Cid came up with a plan that would allow him to show off a bit.

He would wait till they started fighting and if this guy was as strong as he is supposed to be he should have the upper hand over Claire then Cid would drop in when Claire realizes how outmatched she is and save her then come up with some nonsense that sounds like it means something when it actually doesn't then take the bounty and leave.

It was dark out so Cid renteda inn and waited for Beta to come. She arrived perched on Cid's windowsill. "I've arrived Lord Shadow" Said Beta happy that Shadow called her specifically. Cid showed Beta the bounty paper for the Bone Collector. "Keep track of my sister and let me know if she comes into contact with this man." "Certainly Lord Shadow, but may I ask why you want me to spy on her?" Beta questioned. Cid couldn't tell her he was trying to steal a bounty from his sister because he was broke! So Cid decided to get Beta off his case by saying "Don't worry about it just focus on your task." "With pleasure Lord Shadow" said Beta and with that she vanished in a flash. Cid was relieved Beta didn't ask any more questions. He was confident that she would be able to get the job done. Taking a deep breath, he watched her disappear into the night.

An hour later Beta came back to the inn to report to Cid. "Ms. Claire has come into contact with the bone collector!" Shadow sat up surprised she found him so quickly especially since it was dark out. "Where's her location?"" Cid asked. Beta replied, "She's in the old abandoned graveyard, just outside of town." Cid transformed himself into Shadow. "Thanks for your work Beta let me handle the rest." and Cid left in a stylish way of jumping backwards off his window impressing Beta.

Cid got there in 5 minutes to see that Claire was already in battle with the Bone Collector. Claire was backed into a corner with an injured arm. "You know you shouldn't be around these parts missy, especially for a cute girl such as yourself." Said a creepy, raspy voice. It was the bone collector. He wore dark green pants with no shirt. He was so skinny he was shaped like an hourglass and he had white hair with stitching across his face. His weapons were 2 sharp bones shaped like sickles.

The bone collector lunged at Claire with high speed barely blocking. The bone collector went for another slice and Claire blocked again but this time it resulted in Claire's sword being broken. "Well well well missy seems like you're out of luck." Grinned the Bone Collector with an eerie smile. "Maybe in your next life you should be so willing to throw your life away for some coins." The man went in for another attack on Claire with the intent to kill this time only for him to hit something hard. "What?" The bone collector looked up to see that a man dressed in black had stopped his attack.

Shadow? What is he doing here? Thought Claire. Isn't this man wanted all over Midgar for being a criminal? What is he doing here protecting a girl he's never met?

[That's the end of this chapter! Hope you guys are enjoying it so far and please comment your suggestions. Ill make chapter 3 very soon so hold on till then!