Chapter 6: Troublesome Date

"So how're ya doing at Shadow Garden?" Cid asked Claire. In response, she asked, "Are you really asking me that question?"? "Why the hell are there so many girls that are so obsessed with you!?" "I don't know" Cid replied. Cid shrugged, looking away. Claire sighed in frustration. "It's always like this with you, isn't it?" She said. "We're going to go on a date right now and you can't say no." Cid said "Yes ma'am." with a distraught face. Cid only called her here so she wouldn't cause too much trouble for him back at Shadow Garden, but if he knew it was going to be like this he wished he had just left her alone.

Cid followed her to Mitsugoshi where they went shopping. To get the best out of their date Claire went to every store in the mall. When they were shopping, they ran into Princess Iris and Alexia. "Hey Pooc- I mean Cid" Alexia said realizing Claire was right next to him. "How do you know these two?" Claire asked. "I used to play fetch with Alexia," Cid said avoiding eye contact. "And i talked with Princess Iris a bit during the Bushin Festival" "You and Cid played with a dog?" Claire asked Alexia. "Not really, instead of a dog, I just used Cid." Claire couldn't believe her ears. "YOU USED MY BROTHER AS A DOG!?" She yelled. "Now, now" Iris said holding Claire back. "We're both here for fun right? How about we tag along to maybe get to know each other better?" "There is no way in hell I'm letting you and this lousy excuse of a princess go on a date with my cute brother!" Claire yelled. She released herself from Iris's grip and dragged Cid away.

Claire and Cid ended up in a coffee shop. Claire was drinking her coffee pure black while Cid's had some sugar and milk in it. "Why do you have so many girls around you? Can't a sister keep her brother to herself?" Claire exclaimed. "I dunno" Cid said wondering why he was getting so much attention. He was just a background character A! Why are there so many named characters around him? "And what's up with that girl 559!?" Claire continued. "Her personality gets on every single one of my nerves." Cid took a sip of his coffee. "I dunno" he said again. "It must be because she got some power she looks down on everybody else!" Claire said. "Oh so you heard about that?" Cid said with an arched eyebrow.

"Yeah and what about the "Seven Shades?" I heard they also got power from you. Claire said obviously upset. "They better not be anything like her!" "Nope that's just her, I guess." Cid assured her. "Why are they the only people who get power, huh?" "I guess it's basically because they are kinda my childhood friends". Claire gets shocked and angry at the same time. "How long have you known them!?" She yelled standing up. "I guess around seven years old." He replied hoping Claire wasn't going to choke him. Thankfully she sat back down but she was still angry.

"If they've known you for that long, I guess I should pay them a visit."