Chapter 10: Power Gap

After a week of training, Claire left Alexandria. Her magic was powerful and precise, and she was able to use it with deadly precision, and she was very good at controlling it. As the mock battles became easier and easier, she decided it was time to fight someone stronger than she was. Despite 559 and her strength, she decided to go to her brother Cid, who was unusually happy after returning from his mission. "Hey, sis what's up?" Cid asked. "I want you to fight me in a mock battle, Cid," Claire said in a demanding tone. "I don't want you holding back either." "Kay, sis but why me?" Cid questioned."There's lots of people at Shadow Garden you could fight." "You have a problem with it?" Claire said in a threatening voice. "No ma'am," Cid responded. "Good then let's start," Claire said.

The battle started as Claire made a sword out of slime. "Wow, you improved at that." Cid complimented. Claire went in immediately lunging and Cid sidestepped her attack. Cid then retaliated with a punch which Claire blocked with her sword. She followed up with a thrust which Cid dodged and countered with a kick, sending Claire flying backward. Claire quickly recovered and charged at Cid, this time with a powerful uppercut. Cid blocked the blow, but Claire followed up with a barrage of swings. Cid then pushed her sword to the side then placed a sword by her throat.

"Good match sis. You were stronger than I thought." Claire gave him a sharp glance. "I mean as expected of my sis!" Cid quickly corrected. "You were still holding back weren't you?" Claire asked. "Well, I wouldn't wanna hurt my sister." Claire was slightly annoyed at how big the difference was between them but she accepted that answer as she was a bro-con. "Let's spar again some other time," Claire said. "Kay'" Cid replied. Claire decided to get some rest after that. "I guess they weren't being overdramatic," Claire said to herself. She was referring to Shadow Garden. "It still doesn't give them the right to leech after my brother."

Back at Alexandria.

"I hearf C'aire Wen' o 'par with Lor' Hado'." Said 672 while having a whole slice of cake in her mouth. "Don't talk with your mouth full." 673 said. 672 stopped and chewed for a while before swallowing. "I heard Claire went to spar with Lord Shadow. 672 repeated. "Mmm." 673 responded. "I would've loved to see them fight" "I know right!?" 672 said ecstatically. "I've never seen Lord Shadow in action before!" "I heard he covered the whole capital in his magic before." 673 replied. "Lord Shadow is so cool!"

"He surely is." Said 559 walking over. "I also wish I could've seen him in battle. I already know he won that spar with Claire." "Who knows?" 672 Said. "Maybe he went easy on her since she's his sister and all." "Also why are you here?" 673 asked 559. "I just love hearing about Lord Shadow's brilliance. He's so..." 559 went on to ramble about Shadow. "Here she goes again. Let's just go 672." 673 said. "Wait!! I still haven't finished all my food!" 672 pleaded. 673 looked down at the table she was eating at; There were 3 slices of frosted cake, 2 donuts, and a chocolate chip muffin. 673 grabbed 672's arm and started dragging her away. "Wait!!" She cried making a last effort attempt to shove a slice of cake in her mouth. unfortunately for her, it didn't work and she got dragged out. "Come on it's dark out." Said 673. "Ahhh! I hate you!" 672 cried kicking in the air. 673 sighed as she dragged her. She knew that 672 would get over it eventually. She hoped that 672 wouldn't stay in her foul mood till the morning.