Chapter 12: Girl's Night Out

Cid and Alpha were sitting together at Mitsugoshi having coffee. Alpha was very happy she was alone with Cid but didn't show it.

"My sis came to me yesterday," Cid told Alpha.

"Hm, What was it about" Alpha questioned.

"She said something about getting locked in a metal tube by Eta"

"I know Eta would do something like that to the other shades but I didn't expect her to do that to Miss Claire.

"I don't have a problem with it as long as it keeps sis busy."

"Why don't you like being around her that much?" Alpha questioned.

"You've been with her you should know why."

Alpha remembered back when she was bringing her to Alexandria then she nodded. "That makes sense."

"CID WHERE ARE YOU" Claire shouted down the hall, opening up every door she could. "Honestly that boy always runs off somewhere.

"Guess that's my cue to leave," Cid said. Alpha was a little disappointed that her time with Cid was ending so quickly but she didn't let it show again.

"Bye Lord Shadow" Alpha stood and bowed slightly.

"Take care of my sis for me alright?" Cid said before jumping out of a window.

At that moment Claire busted in the room Alpha was in. Claire marched over to her

"Where my little brother?" She asked in a demanding tone.

"I don't know" Alpha lied

"Stop lying this room smells like my little brother!"

How could she tell that? Alpha thought. Must be because they're siblings. Alpha made a mental note to try and remember Cid's smell.

"I don't know where he went. He left not too long ago." Alpha told Claire.

"Sheesh, that boy always runs off somewhere. Come with me now." Claire grabbed the back of Alpha's dress.

"I'm busy right now." Alpha protested.

"No, you're not you were just hanging out with my brother." Claire pointed to the other cup of coffee that was still there.

"That's different. I'm not hanging out with him now."

"Too bad you're dealing with me now."

Alpha started to wish she had gone out the window too. "What do you want with me?"

"I just want to see what you are like"

Claire carried Alpha to the public shopping section. Alpha had to change her outfit and appearance so nobody would discover that she was with Claire. Under normal circumstances, Alpha would have already ditched Claire. But since Cid told her to take care of her she just sucked it up and went with her.

Claire brought her to the clothing section. She made Alpha try on a variety of outfits. Alpha didn't like every second of it.

"Hmm. This settles things." Claire said.

"What are you talking about?"

"You're pretty but not enough for my cute little brother."

Alpha found it funny that Claire called Shadow "cute." But her being skilled in this matter didn't show any emotion.

"I'm not trying to seduce your little brother," Alpha said firmly.

"Stop lying. Everybody in Shadow Garden is totally obsessed with my little brother." Claire pouted. "Can't a girl keep her brother from all these harlots?"

Alpha decided to try and hurry things up since the surrounding people heard the last part of Claire's sentence and were now giving them weird looks.

"I'll be taking my leave," Alpha said trying to leave.

"Hold it." Claire grabbed the back of Alpha's clothing. "Try this on first."

Claire showed her an excessively large white dress. It was labeled a "wedding dress."

"As much as I want to keep all the girls away from Cid, I can't be with my brother all the time and I know he's going to end up with some other girl." Then Claire looked away. "If only we weren't siblings."

There's no way she just said that. Alpha thought slightly breaking out of character. Alpha quickly recovered, however.

"Okay" Alpha headed to to dressing room and closed the door with the wedding dress. Then she waited till Claire looked away then disappeared in a flash.

"There's no way I'm putting on that ridiculous dress," Alpha mumbled under her breath. Her face was red. "I'm sorry, Lord Shadow, but I don't think i can manage her."

"Where'd that bitch go!" Claire yelled back at Mitsugoshi after realizing Alpha left.