6.- Two worlds, same will

Almost as improbable and surprising as acquiring One for All, we find her even though we come from different worlds. With her in our lives, we must expect the unexpected.

'This is only temporary; I don't belong in this world. I'm a ninja trapped in a world of heroes. I'll just fight a bit and then give up; I can't draw attention to myself. I'll leave at any moment, and this isn't my story to tell...'

Alone in the room that leads to the battle, Sakura sat in one of the chairs, taking slow breaths to calm the adrenaline beginning to surge through her bloodstream.

'I don't belong here.'

She inhaled deeply once more before opening her eyes, revealing a strong determination. She got up and walked out, ready to fight in the arena. As soon as she took a step inside, the crowd began to cheer with excitement; amidst the cheers, she could hear the girls giving her their support to defeat her opponent.

"I'm sorry," she whispered to herself.

This is for the good of this world where she's an intruder.

"And here we have the two contestants of this round, two strong girls, coming from abroad and representing Class 1-A is Haruno Sakura, and from Class 1-C is Mei Mei. Which of these two warriors will win? Don't miss it!" shouted Present Mic, revving up the crowd.

Sakura looked at the girl named Mei Mei; at first glance, she couldn't guess what her ability was, so by instinct, she knew she had to be careful and observe.

It didn't take a second for the match to start, and her opponent lunged.

"I'll show you're not as good as they think!" Mei shouted. She spun her wrists, and from them, several strands of silver threads shot out towards Sakura.

"Oh, Mei is the first to attack! How will Haruno Sakura react?" said Present Mic.

So obvious...

If she wanted to, she could have just slightly moved her leg; that speed was painfully obvious that even a genin could dodge it. Still, she had to act, so she exaggerated her movements and "accidentally," the fabric touched her thigh. The next thing she noticed when taking a step back was that it wouldn't come off; it was like spider silk.

"I've got you," Mei murmured.

Sakura sharply turned to look at Mei, and as soon as she did, the girl clenched her fists tightly, and they began to explode towards Sakura. A large cloud of smoke formed, preventing everyone from seeing Sakura's condition. The girls screamed in concern, while some of the boys said that it was hurting Sakura directly.

To everyone's surprise, when the smoke cleared, Sakura appeared completely unharmed.

The crowd went wild with excitement.

"Tsk. You might be skilled," Mei grumbled. That didn't stop her from continuing to shoot webs from her wrists. In contrast, Sakura didn't hesitate to keep dodging them, sometimes even pretending to struggle, although she successfully evaded every one of her attacks.

As minutes passed, the crowd's jubilation began to wane until confused murmurs filled the air. Was this really a fight? At that moment, Sakura thought it was time to let herself be defeated.

"Is this really Class A's strength? If so, I'm surprised my friends didn't make it," Mei shouted, clearly insulting everyone from Class A.

The sway of the kunoichi slowed down a bit as she processed her opponent's words. It wasn't the first time she had heard similar words; it took her back to the Chunin Exam years ago.

"Come on, Sakura, you can do it!" she heard words of encouragement from her classmates.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Uraraka shouting at the top of her lungs that she could do it, while the other girls gave her words of encouragement. Kaminari and Mineta were fighting the blond boy from Class B who was taunting them. Finally, out of the corner of her eye, she saw Izuku and Iida looking at her with such fervor as if they knew she was going to win.