31.- To be okay

For many, I was considered a very emotional ninja, with a temperament as volatile as Tsunade's, and my eyes were waterfalls. I admit it, I am everything they say. The problem arises when it comes to me; in those moments, I hide until the pressure cooker can't take it anymore. It's at that moment when I say "run, because I don't know you."

After a tumultuous day at the hospital, except for the news-hungry reporters, the following days were quieter for Sakura at the academy. The students kept a certain distance from her, as if they regarded her differently after the attack she suffered at the hospital. Only a few would approach to check if she was okay.

The only official announcement was that Sakura voluntarily decided not to return to the hospital for the safety of the people and her own, at least until obtaining the provisional license. Classes became somewhat dull, and for Sakura, the days passed with a certain monotony. Her interest in the technology and inventions of this world dwindled, and every time she blinked, it seemed like she was going in and out of one class to another.

The most stressful part was the progress in training class. Since the day she fought against All for One, her progress with the damaged chakra channels hadn't improved at all. Forcing the use of 100% of her chakra wasn't an option if she wanted to avoid another heart attack and a scolding from Recovery and Aizawa.

With not much else to do besides sitting and pretending to meditate, one day she decided to approach her classmates to give them some non-lethal training suggestions. For example, to Jiro about sound-based attacks, to Midoriya about combat techniques, to Iida about running movement, and to Kirishima about endurance, helping him through punches to his body.

Sometimes, when Aizawa saw her, he'd send her back to train, and on other occasions, he'd simply ask how her chakra channels were doing. Of course, the answer was always the same. After that, neither of them would mention the topic again.

Shortly after, All Might returned from the hospital alone with the teachers and Sakura, who knew where All Might had been all that time. If he was discharged so quickly, it was because Recovery personally took care of monitoring his health and accelerating his recovery to avoid raising suspicions, especially from a certain All Might successor admirer. Back at the academy, Sakura made sure to continue checking on All Might's recovery, observing how his body reacted to the artificial organ, which seemed to be a success.

On their first day back at Recovery's office, with no one interrupting them and Recovery pretending to be busy, All Might approached and bowed, apologizing over and over until Sakura approached him and hugged him, saying everything was okay and that they can't control everything that happens.

Since the day of the attack, Sakura had been in contact with her former hospital colleague, and now they could consider themselves friends. However, he wasn't the only one she tried to reach out to. Every day, at dawn and dusk, she checked her messages hoping to find a response from Hawks and his group. Since they exchanged numbers, he had been constantly filling her inbox with good morning messages, funny and affectionate comments. On the day of the attack, she only received a "good morning, my princess." She replied, but since then, she hadn't received any response.

It wasn't a normal situation, and Sakura was starting to worry. This continued until a week after the incident when, while having dinner with her Class 1-A friends, her phone began to buzz, showing Hawks' name. She decided to ignore the call and finished dinner, apologizing with the excuse of needing to go to bed early. Once in her room, she returned the call.

"Where have you been? I sent you messages and calls, and you didn't respond," demanded Sakura.

"My dear princess! I've missed you too. Every time I thought of you, I felt a sadness that made me tremble. I would bet you've been dreaming of me every day," Hawks said with a cheerful and flirtatious tone.