22.- Chase in Another World

Being a ninja entails staying one step ahead, hiding and revealing secrets, being quicker and more agile than the opponent. This new world is no exception, but at least I'm not alone; they accepted me, trained me, and integrated me into their lives. Just like in my world, I would give everything to protect my people.

When they regained consciousness, the first thing they noticed was that they were lying on the cold floor, with their limbs tied behind their backs. All Might and Hawks, being prudent enough, remained still while the blurry silhouettes around them began to clarify. Others, less sensible, thrashed around upon waking in an attempt to free themselves.

Small robots quickly approached the people moving, their red lenses projecting a light directly at the heads of the prisoners.

"Keep squirming like pigs, the robots react to sudden movements. One wrong move and you're dead," mocked a man, followed by unpleasant laughter echoing in the room.

As All Might's and Hawks' vision cleared, they observed all the party participants—heroes, celebrities, and politicians—lying on the floor in the same position as them. The room was guarded by small robots similar to those on I-Island, and there were several people with bulletproof vests and weapons.

Some ignored the warning and continued to struggle until the robots executed them on the spot.

"This is also for you, heroes. I want to see you die trying to save people," declared the man.

The situation was dire. Among those present were representatives and influential figures from around the world, supposedly protected by impenetrable security. All Might and Hawks broke out in a cold sweat at the thought of the catastrophic consequences of a massacre.

"Please! I have money and a lot of influence," pleaded an African representative. "I even own diamonds, many diamonds. If you release me, I'll give you a large amount, I promise to keep silent."

Other politicians and representatives followed his example, offering things that might be attractive to villains. Hawks and All Might doubted the legality of many of these offers, questioning the type of villains who should be in jail.

"Did you really think we would set you free?" the man inquired, exerting more pressure on the face of the individual under his military boot. "What you're offering is worthless."

On the screen at the back of the room, everyone was surprised to see Sakura, showing signs of torture on her body and face, with dilated pupils and an absurd smile, clearly drugged.

"She is the real diamond mine," the villain pronounced.

No one dared to speak again. Some politicians felt relieved not to be the center of attention, while others were desperate not to be able to offer anything of greater value than a ninja from another world as a bargaining chip.

Those present in the room witnessed how the villains on the other side of the screen took advantage of their disoriented state to extract information. Sakura talked about her teammates from her world, the freedoms there, bloody stories, dark experiences, traumas that barely surfaced, and grudges that spanned generations.

All Might felt stunned and pained at the same time. He superficially knew what she was revealing to the villains. In a previous meeting with the principal and the teachers, she herself had shared the softer and basic aspects of her story. However, now she was exposing the most twisted and dark aspects of her world.

For him, Sakura was a girl whose reality constantly challenged his perception of innocence, realizing she hadn't had a typical adolescence. In a world where good was represented by caped heroes, symbols of peace, strength, and life, he couldn't fully grasp Sakura's experiences due to differences in eras, cultures, and beliefs. Still, he couldn't help but admire her determination, courage, and power. Despite tragedies and traumas, a inner fire still burned in her gaze, reminiscent of the golden age when he was named the symbol of peace.