Chapter 9

Everyone waited for Preethi to join and in the meanwhile Sidharth had gone to pick his grandmother as they decided to do their Rokha ( fix the alliance ) , Shehnaaz was getting ready and Santosh gone to buy the required things for the ritual .

After everyone came back , Santosh asked Ashok to confirm they are still on their stand of No Dowry . Ashok has clearly said before and now that he is against the dowry system and they don't need anything under the name Gifts . Santosh happily nods at their thought and said " But I have all rights to bless everything to my daughter and now my son " looking at Sidharth , he nods happily at him accepting the new relation .

And for the formality Shehnaaz was asked to serve tea to Sidharth grandmother . Pammy prepared the tea and Shehnaaz just served to everyone , Sidharth half heartedly nods in no he needs to follow the diet . He already ate lots of things yesterday as cheat meal day and today he ate sweets he needs to work out more .

Shehnaaz granny said seeing him not taking the tea " Pehele bar tumare hone wali biwi kuch de rahe hai , ise mana karoge tum ? Hurt kar diya " .

( First time Your would be wife is giving you something and you are denying it ? Your are hurting us )

" Nahi nahi main tho le he raha tha " he said his eye widen but Shehnaaz kept the cup on the table and shaked it a little as the tea spilled out of the cup . Sidharth and everyone watching her in shock but Preethi shrieked happily and bounced hugging Shehnaaz while saying " Omg bhabhi aap bhi Drama's dekte ho , hamare tho khob jamegi dekh lena . It's a way a saying Yes in Turkish culture .

( No no I was about to take )

( It's a way of saying Yes to the proposal in Turkish culture . Omg sister-in-law you also watch dramas , we will have lots of fun )

Elders just smiled at younger one .

Preethi was excited and helping Shehnaaz while she was getting ready . Sidharth grandmother wished to see her in saree and Shehnaaz was annoyed first at her demand but followed with new excitement as it's going to be her day . Their alliance is going to be fixed and dates will be announced .

The priest has come , first Ashok and Rita did the ritual with Shehnaaz accepting her as their daughter-in-law . Shehnaaz sat their with a shy smile as everyone attention was on her , her father mother and Preethi were recording everything in the camera . Sidharth was admiring her with a proud smile . They gave her money as shagun , saree as ritual , makeup kit and other gifts and same was done with Sidharth by her parents .

Sidharth said " Don't put anything on social media untill we are married , vo log pareshan karenge Shehnaaz ko news and social media will effect her life I don't want any disturbance for you " . His words made everyone proud of him , they were in the bubble of happiness and didn't think anything pro's and con's of Sidharth celebrity status .

And Sidharth already thinking about her safety made them feel their daughter was in safe hands . Shehnaaz felt shy when Preethi teased them " Ohhooo ... Abhi se itni fikar " .

( Ohoo .. so worried from now on )

Her cheeks got more red when he replied claiming her openly " Haa hone wale Biwi hai meri " .

( Yes she is my fiance )

They were asked to seat together and took blessings from elders then clicked few pictures , Sidharth was on ninth cloud sitting beside her and the thought of her becoming his officially under legal and ritually made him want to scream on top of his voice .

The priest and elders were discussing on the dates , only 5 months left for her birthday so they are deciding the date within the 5 months .

Sidharth informed the elders he will be busy with IPL for 3 months as IPL is going to start from next month and he needed to join the team before for practice . So they decided to do their engagement with in a month with close family in their house only then marriage and reception will be a grand affair it will be done after he come back from the IPL .