Two

"Alright, assholes! You are to be nice; our newest recruit is finally here!" Soap exclaimed as he burst through the door loudly and pointed to each man in the room. 

Considering the amount of damage 141 had inflicted over the years, I expected to see a house full of men, but instead, I was only greeted by three others.

"Ah, there she is! Finally an American joins the team." A man with a full fu Manchu mustache said as he walked to me and stuck out his hand, "I'm Captain John Price. I'm in charge of all these idiots."

"Nice to meet you, Captain. I'm Lieutenant Scarlett Levison." I said as I shook his hand firmly and smiled.

"Lieutenant? That's surprising." I heard a deep British voice mumble as a man with a ghost mask stood up from the couch and walked to stand next to Captain Price.

"You must be the one Soap called Ghost. He said I would get used to you."

Ghost scoffed, "We will see."

He brushed past me, walked into the nearest bedroom, and shut his door tightly. 

Well, isn't he just a peach??

"Gaz, show Scarlett to her room, yeah?" Soap spoke up and said, a smile on his face.

"Oh, sure thing," A young man, probably in his mid-twenties with darker skin and a bright smile, said as he stood from the couch and stuck his hand out for me to shake, "Name's Gaz. Follow me, beautiful."

"Stop flirting with the help!" Soap yelled down the hall after us as we walked together to the furthest door from the front of the house. 

"Thanks, Gaz," I said with a  smile, opening my door and stepping inside, closing it tightly behind me and turning the lock. 

The room was rather large, with its own attached bathroom so I wouldn't have to share with a bunch of men, and even had a small walk-in closet for all of my things. I sat my suitcase at the foot of the bed and sat down on the firm mattress to begin taking off my boots. The flight had exhausted me, and I was ready to shower and prepare myself for bed.

As I began to undress, a loud knock sounded at my door, so I wrapped myself in my robe and quickly made my way over to the door. I opened the door as I finished tightly tying the waist of my robe together, seeing Ghost standing before my doorway. His eyes went wide once he saw that all I had on was a robe.

"Is there something I can help you with?" I asked, hands on my hips in irritation.

"Firearms training is taking place in the morning at six am sharp. Be outside, dressed in gear, and ready to go before then." Ghost told me in his thick British accent, his eyes now looking towards the ground to avoid chancing a look at me.

"Whatever you say, Lieutenant. Now, can I please be left alone to shower?"

Ghost nodded, turned around, and quickly walked back down the hallway toward his room. 

Finally, I could shower. Letting the hot water cascade all over my body, I closed my eyes to take in the warmth and the relaxation of the shower. Shortly thereafter, I made my way to my bed, tucked myself under the covers, and drifted off into a dreamless sleep. 

------

"Wasn't expecting you to be on time." I heard the deep rumble of a voice and a British accent from behind me, knowing immediately it was Ghost.

"Why? Because I am a woman, and women are always late? How very sexist of you." I said to him with an eye roll, pulling my pistol and taking aim at the target down my sights.

"I never said that. I have found that women are some of the most punctual people I have ever met."

"Then why the snarky comment? Just to be an ass?"

Ghost just shrugged and pulled out his pistol as well, taking aim at the target and firing a shot.

"Show off," I muttered under my breath.

"Make it through my bullet hole in the target," Ghost challenged.

"It's near impossible to do that, Ghost."

"Oh, giving up so easily are we?"

"Who said that? I said near impossible, Lieutenant. Not entirely impossible."

I lifted my gun, took aim, and shot my bullet directly through the hole he created with his own bullet. Smirking, I holstered my gun and turned to face a very impressed Ghost.

Crossing my arms over my chest, I looked at him with a challenge, "So, do you still think I need firearms training?"

"Everyone can improve, Scarlett. But, I think by doing that, you should be able to comp out of it," Ghost replied with a shake of his head. 

Doing a mock bow to the very grumpy and irritating man, I walked back into the house and began cooking breakfast. Before I knew it, I had gathered the attention of all of the men as the smell of bacon wafted through the house, accompanied by the smell of freshly brewed coffee.

"Oh, please tell me you made enough for all of us!" Gaz said as he sat on a barstool at the kitchen counter.

"Of course I did. Even Mister Grumpy over there, who will probably just take his food in his room to eat because he apparently doesn't take the mask off in front of anyone." I responded, plating up eggs, toast, and bacon and handing it to Gaz.

"The mask is a sensitive subject, Lass," Soap said, walking into the kitchen, fixing himself a cup of coffee, and leaning against the counter to my right.

"Well, I'm not one that walks on eggshells around people because I am worried I will fracture their sensitive egos."

Soap leaned in, so his breath tickled my ear, "Neither is he, lass."

His cologne was wafting through my nostrils as he leaned away and took a drink of his coffee with a smirk. 

Was Soap seriously weakly attempting to put the moves on me?

"Soap, my friend, she's not interested," Gaz said as he made his way around the counter with his now empty plate and placed it in the sink, "She wants a man that can take care of her."

"And I suppose you think you are that?" Soap retorted, turning and facing Gaz.

"Maybe I am. Isn't that right, Sweetheart?"

I stood in between them, eyes closed in annoyance as I rubbed my temples, "How about I am not interested in either of you? I'll gladly be your friend, but no thanks to anything other than that," I told them, grabbing my coffee and walking outside.

"Leave the poor girl alone, you two. She has enough on her plate being thrown into a house full of men," Captain Price said as he walked to the stove and fixed a plate of freshly made breakfast, "Thank you for cooking, Scarlett."

"It's not a problem. It's the least I could do. I assumed you all had only been eating cereal anyways and could use a good home-cooked meal."

"Smells delicious." Ghost mumbled as he fixed a plate and walked to his room to eat.

Holy shit. Did I just get a compliment from the grumpiest man alive?