Five

"Wait, wait, wait! Scar! You can't just drop that on me and start walking away from me!" I heard Soap's footsteps getting closer behind me as his pace quickened, "there is no way you got Simon to say that!"

"It's not like I asked him to! He just kind of dropped the bomb and left the room. And besides, he probably meant it in a friendly way, the Ghost has no feelings remember?" I answered as I turned and began walking backwards towards the helicopter. 

"Right. Still weird though."

"Not disagreeing, Suds."

"Johnny! Scarlett! Are you two done chit chatting so we may get this show on the road?!" Ghost shouted from the doorway of the helicopter, waving his arm about as if to rush us in.

"Coming, L.T." Soap responded, grabbing my arm and pulling me behind him quickly.

As I went to sit down opposite of Ghost, he grabbed my elbow and pulled me to the seat next to his, helping me buckle myself in for the flight. 

"What was wrong with that seat?" I questioned, eyebrows raised and pointing to the seat next to Soap where I originally was going to sit. 

"Buckle doesn't work. I would rather have you in a seat I knew was safe." Ghost replied, not looking at me. 

I looked to Soap who had his eyebrows raised, and a smirk creeping across his face. 

Shut it. I mouthed to Soap, causing him to cover his mouth as he softly giggled.

The rest of the flight was utter silence between the three of us, and the other men on board to assist us with this fist mission to locate and capture Hassan Zyani in Al Mazrah. 

As we all readied our guns and began filing off of the helicopter, Ghost grabbed my lower arm and tugged me closer to him before turning and calling out to Soap.

"Try and keep up, Soap!" Ghost yelled with seriousness as he kept tugging me forward.

I jerked my arm out of his grasp and gave him a stern look as he stopped walking, "I am perfectly capable of walking forward on my own, ya know."

"I want you as close to me as possible, Scarlett. So I know you are in a safe position." Ghost replied to me, taking a step closer to me, his frame towering over mine. 

Although our height difference wasn't that abnormal, his stature and muscle mass was three times that of mine. He could easily snap me in half with the strength of only one of his arms. 

"I can take care of myself, Ghost." I scolded as I brushed past him and positioned myself in line with the other men scouting the building ahead by looking through their scopes. 

That's when I saw it. The missile headed directly for the helicopter that was flying overhead, "Alpha is going to get hit!"

I yelled through the comms, watching as they deployed their flares for the missile, but it was too late another missile was already in route and struck the tail end of the helicopter. 

"SECOND MISSILE!" The pilot screamed through comms, "we are going down!"

We all were crouched in the grass in silence, watching as it fell from the sky and hit the ground.

"Alpha, what's your status?" Ghost said through comms.

Coughing and static is what greeted us.

"Alpha! How copy?" Ghost yelled, his voice a little more frantic.

"Bravo, Alpha is immobile. Oh shit! We are taking effective fire!" The pilot finally answered.

"We are heading to building one, hang in there." Ghost answered him.

"Ghost, we need to clear that crash site, now!" I said, worry filling my voice for those that were already injured in the crash. 

"First we clear for Hassan, that'll take the heat off Alpha. Then we clear the crash site. Clear?" 

"Roger that, LT" Soap and I said in unison. 

"Scar, stay close. Soap, follow behind the two of us and watch our backs just in case." 

I nodded along with Soap as we took our positions and began our movement toward building one. I immediately saw the laser of the four snipers on the roof and stopped in my tracks causing Ghost to stop alongside me.

"Why did you stop?" Ghost questioned, crouching in the grass next to me.

"Snipers. Four of them on the roof." I replied, holding my gun up and lining the first one up perfectly in the middle of my scope. 

Bang! One down.

Bang, Bang, Bang! There goes the other three. 

"Clear, now we can move forward without being watched." I stated, getting back to my feet, and following closely behind Ghost.

"That was very impressive, Scar." Soap muttered behind me, "Ghost won't say it, he must be to proud, but I sure as hell will."

Clearing the rest of the building and building two went considerably smooth, especially having Ghost near me with his knives at the ready. His knife throwing skills got me all kinds of worked up during this mission, for some strange reason the way he hit his target dead on each time was incredibly sexy to me. I allowed myself to get distracted as he threw a knife towards the last man standing in the room Hassan was supposedly in, and the enemy's gun went off, the bullet grazing my arm. Although the bullet didn't go through me it still stung like hell.

"Shit!" I whisper screamed to myself.

"Are you hit?" Ghost worriedly asked, rushing to my side and grabbing my arm.

"It just grazed my arm, I'll be fine." 

"When we get back to the safe house I'll clean it up and wrap it. Make sure no infection gets into it."

"Thanks, LT."

Ghost dropped my arm, nodded his head and began speaking into the comms. "Hassan isn't here. He was, but he must have been tipped off that we were coming."

"Copy that Lieutenant. Find him and bring him in." General Shepherds voice echoed in my ear in response.

"We will go back to the safehouse to regroup and plan our next steps." Ghost said to me and Soap, walking with us to the awaiting helicopter to take us home.