Four

Two weeks had gone by after rescuing the girls, and we all had become quite close with one another. and I can even say that Ghost seemed to warm up to me as well. 

I was standing in the kitchen cooking breakfast for all of us, when I heard a soft and tired groan from behind me.

"Well, good morning, grumpy pants," I said with a smile, stirring the eggs and drinking my coffee.

"Morning, Scarlett." Ghost tiredly responded to me, pouring himself a cup of coffee. 

I turned to him with a smile and watched intently as he lifted the bottom of his mask, revealing only his lips, as he sipped his coffee. His lips were plump and soft-looking, and slight stubble graced his sharp jawline.  This was the first time I had seen anything he hid underneath that mask, and I have to say it was pretty disappointing that he kept such a sharp jawline and kissable lips hidden from the world. I was lost in my thoughts as Ghost lowered his mask back down and turned his head to look at me with eyes crinkled due to a smile.

"What? Did you like what you saw or something?" Ghost asked me, eyebrows raised in question.

"Maybe I did. So what? Sue me." I answered with a smile, raising my mug and sipping my coffee.

"I don't do that in front of just anyone, so you should feel honored I did before you. But for some strange reason, I trust you."

"Truly, I am honored. It's such a shame you keep just perfect lips and such a chiseled jawline hidden, though. I wish I could've seen more."

"Maybe in due time, Scarlett. If you're good."

With a wink, Ghost turned away from me and sauntered to the couch to take a seat. I suddenly felt very hot and began to fan myself with a folded-up paper towel. The thought of being called a good girl by Ghost had my heart hammering in my chest and throbbing between my legs.

"What're you so flustered about, lass?" Soap asked me as he poured himself a cup of coffee, and I jumped, not realizing he had even walked into the kitchen. 

"Jesus Christ, Suds. Warn a girl when you are gonna sneak up on her like that! I am not flustered, by the way; it's just hot in here from the stove being on." I answered him, fixing myself a plate of eggs and walking around the counter to plop myself down into a barstool to eat.

"Ghost showed you his mouth, didn't he?"

I almost choked on my eggs, "What the hell, Soap! He took a drink of his coffee, that's all."

"I can hear the both of you." Ghost half-yelled from his position on the couch one room over.

"See, now look at what you've done," I told Soap, flicking a piece of my egg at him.

"Just admit that you have a thing for the Ghost already, sheesh." Soap whispered to me so Ghost couldn't hear.

"What makes you think I have a thing for him in the first place?"

 Soap scoffed through a mouthful of food, "Come on, Scar. You check him out every chance you get. And if he gets even an inch too close to you, your face turns beet red, and you get super hot. Plus, what was the whole training thing yesterday? Flipping him over so you were straddling his lap, then immediately jumping off and running to the house in embarrassment. It's obvious you want him."

"Okay, so maybe I do. But that doesn't mean he wants me, Suds."

"He showed you part of his face; I assure you he does."

And with that, he walked out of the room and out the front door. 

What was that supposed to mean? Ghost wants me simply because he showed me his mouth? That can't be true; Ghost has no emotions, right?

Sure, those lips made me want to know what it would feel like to straddle his head as his tongue and mouth explored every inch hovering above them. I wanted to feel his strong hands rubbing up and down my thighs as his intoxicating groans sounded from between them. His strong British accent hitting my ears as he told me how much of a good girl he thought I was as I took him so well.

"Earth to Scar!" I heard ringing from in front of me, a hand being waved in my face.

"Jesus, Gaz! What!" I screeched, shaking the thoughts I was having in my brain.

"What in the hell is wrong with you? You were totally zoned out, and your lip is red from you biting down on it so hard." 

"I'm fine; I just have a headache."

I could feel my cheeks burning red hot, the sweat of embarrassment beading on my forehead. 

"Uh, okay? Well, I came to tell you that everyone is meeting in the front room in one hour. Price needs to talk to us about something." Gaz stated, a smirk on his face because he caught on to what was happening with me.

"Okay, sure. Whatever." I responded, grabbing my coffee and hurrying to my room to change.

What in the world is wrong with me? Just two weeks ago, I thought Ghost was the biggest asshole known to man, and now I want to feel his lips on every inch of my body. 

"Jesus Christ, Scarlett. Pull yourself together." I mumbled as I slipped on my uniform and pulled my hair back into a tight braid before strolling out of my room and to the front room, where Price had summoned all of us. 

I sat down in the chair furthest away from Ghost and turned my attention to Captain Price as he began explaining what he called us all here for, "American missiles have been stolen, and there have been plans discovered that they are going to be used in terrorist attacks in the United States. We have been tasked to find and retrieve these missiles along with the man who stole them. We are looking for Major Hassan with the AQ fighters. There has been intel stating he is in a building bordering Al Mazrah, with two other buildings full of soldiers guarding it. We will be leaving at first light to get to the buildings with Ghost taking the lead in the field, alongside Sergeant MacTavish. Now, go. Gather your things and get some rest. You'll be needing it."

"But, sir, how did General Shepherd get this information?" I questioned, sitting up straighter in my chair and leaning forward.

"He had soldiers that found the evidence of the missiles being stolen, and evidence of where Hassan is holed up." Price answered me after a sigh of frustration.

"Did he explain what soldiers found this information, and how he knew they were American missiles that were stolen?"

"Are you questioning your General, Lieutenant?"

"No, sir. I just want all the information I can get before going into the mission tomorrow."

"The information given is all the information you need to know."

With that, Price turned and stormed out of the front room and out the front door. 

I sighed and crossed my arms over my chest, all of the men began filing out of the room, leaving me alone with Ghost.

"You need to learn to keep your mouth shut, Scarlett. You will get yourself in trouble if you keep questioning everything." Ghost told me as he stood up from his chair.

"You can't tell me that something doesn't feel right about this, Ghost. It seems awfully suspicious." I replied, standing as well and walking towards him.

"I am not saying it isn't suspicious. I have my doubts, but I also have a mission that I have been tasked to do. I cannot disobey direct orders, and neither can you."

I looked into his beautiful eyes as he scolded me, seeing them shining with suspicion, "Ghost, I know you don't like me very much, but I know when something is amiss. Call it a gut feeling, but as of yet my gut feeling has never been wrong. The General is hiding something from us."

"I never said I didn't like you, Scar. Quite the opposite actually. But we cannot disobey our orders until we have a reason other than a gut feeling causing us to. You watch my back out there, and I will watch yours." 

Ghost turned and walked out of the room, leaving me standing speechless at what he unknowingly revealed to me.

The Ghost liked me.