Three

"Scar! What's your status?!" I heard Soap yell through the comms.

I was on my first mission and was being attacked by three men with knives drawn. I was doing my best to keep them at bay by slicing and dicing my way through them, but Soap's voice kept echoing in my ear, distracting me. 

As I jabbed my knife into one of the men's neck, I heard his voice screaming again, "Scar! Answer me, dammit!"

"Little busy, Suds!" I screamed back, trying to get him to relax, and let him know I was at least still alive.

"I'm sending Ghost your way!"

 Great. Just what I needed.

Jumping on the second guy's back, I wrapped my arms around his neck, my legs around his torso, and began stabbing my knife into the guy's chest. The third looked at me and began barreling towards me, but before he reached me, he stopped dead in his tracks with a look of horror and dropped to the ground. Once his body fell, along with the second one I was just stabbing, I might add, the only thing to be seen behind him was the silhouette of a brute of a man in a skull mask.  

"Good of you to finally show up. Nice throw, by the way." I stated, pulling his knife from the guy's back and handing it back to him as I approached. 

"Thanks for retrieving my knife for me. I am glad to see you aren't dead. I guess you can hold your own out here." Ghost's British accent was thick and deep, and damn if it didn't sound so attractive coming from him, as if his six-foot-five body ripped beyond measure wasn't enough. I wish I could get a glimpse of his face, but I knew he would never take the mask off before me, so I had to settle with viewing his bright blue eyes that looked deeply into one's soul.

"How is everyone else?"

"Fine. Soap was more concerned for you than any of the rest of us. You two got a history or something?"

"He wishes." Walking next to Ghost, I laughed as we approached the group awaiting us.

"Don't we all." I heard Ghost mumble under his breath, low enough to barely hear.

 Without responding to him, I walked up to Captain Price to receive directions on where we would go from there.

"Two more girls are being held in the warehouse on the backside of the field. Ghost, Scar, and Soap, you three will head and infiltrate while Gaz and I watch your backs from the ridge. Be as silent as possible; we don't want these guys getting set off and potentially hurting one of these girls." Captain Price spoke, looking at each of us as we nodded at his instructions.  

"Grab a rifle, Scar, and follow me. Try and stay close so you don't get blindsided by an enemy," Ghost said to me, handing me a rifle from the bag that Price had laid on the table in front of us. 

"Don't want anything to happen to ya, Lass." Soap whispered as he leaned over next to me and grabbed a rifle of his own. 

"I can hold my own." I snapped, checking that the rifle was loaded and began jogging behind Ghost, staying close just like he instructed.

Approaching the building, Ghost abruptly stopped and I slammed into his back. His hand was up in order to signal us to stop, but I was entirely too focused on his ass in those tight jeans to even be paying the slightest bit of attention. 

"Jesus, Scar, watch where you are going." Ghost muttered softly, shaking his head.

"Sorry, LT. I'll be more careful next time," I responded, flustered that I had connected my body with his so harshly because of being distracted. 

"Can't say I blame you. He has a nice ass, doesn't he?" Soap whispered with a soft chuckle.

"Oh my god, would you shut up." I scolded.