.11

Being locked up with Katherine didn't do any good. Not to Elle, nor her brothers. But they had to wait for Bonnie to do her mojo and free Elena, so they could kill Katherine. But Elle knew deep inside that she was prepared for all scenarios. Being linked to Elena was only the tip of the iceberg.

"What happened to you Damon, you used to be so sweet and polite?" Katherine commented as they were bickering against each other while Elle and Stefan tried to understand the whole situation.

"That Damon died a long time ago" he replied smiling triumphantly but Elle could see the pain in his eyes. She missed that Damon as well. So caring, so free. But still, Damon lived a living hell while living with Papa. He was always taking the blame for us so he wouldn't hurt us. He was the disgrace accordingly to our father. Stefan was a precious boy whenever he wanted to feel proud of something. And Estelle, she was... she was who killed her mother and he hated her for not being a son. The only good thing he mentioned about his daughter was that he could marry her to any honorable man for money.

"Good, he was a bore" Katherine replied making Elle roll her eyes at the whole bickering. She tried to zone out to recall the order of events but it was Stefan who brought up something that Katherine wasn't willing to answer.

"What do you want with it?" Elle was staring at Katherine, examining her features and her expressions to see if he would be able to grasp something.

"Does Elena enjoy having you worship at her altar?" She smiles as she hits the side of her cheek.

"That is low for you Katherine" Elle broke silence. "And here I was thinking you still had some dignity in you, Guess I was wrong" she replied lightly as she looked at her nails pretending to not care about the whole situation. Estelle was desperate to drive a stake through Katherine's heart but was killing Katherine the entire solution. She wanted the moonstone and it was for nothing. Katherine always had multiple plans conveniently for her to win. She was a player and the game was without rules. Estelle and her brother needed to play equally. Otherwise, they could pass the opportunity to put an end to this.

"So it doesn't bother you that both brothers fell for the same face that tortured you?" Katherine smiled as she stared at Elle. "Doesn't it bother you that Damon is also in love with Elena?" Katherine questioned Stefan this time. Stefan looked at Damon uncomfortably. Estelle could see what she was doing, trying to tear us apart through our love/hate for Elena

"Oh stop it" Stefan tried to play it cool but Elle knew well it was getting under his skin. He shook his head as if he could shake the thoughts away. Damon was now inches away from Stefan as he walked slowly toward them.

"Or what? You'll hurt me?" She asked looking at Stefan. "Or better, kiss me, Damon, I bet Elena will feel it" she teased them as she got up and met Damon halfway. But as she kept talking Stefan found a way to shift the conversation to the moonstone once again. As she heard Stefan, Ella continued to think about Katherine's steps. Katherine's chess pieces.

"She bargained the moonstone" Elle mentioned making Stefan come up with better yet the plan she had all those years ago. Stefan continued to tie all the knots slowly. "I was there when you bargained the moonstone." Elle looked up at Katherine.

Katherine looked angrily. "Inconveniently" she answered through gritted teeth.

"I thought it was a dream but it wasn't. After one of your attempts to get me killed, you didn't notice I would remember if I turned. So you had me tag along, hear all the conversations, and..." No, Estelle stopped because it all came back crystal clear. "You planned it all along. You knew I was under verve in and that I would go to father, deliver the message"

Katherine smiled "It would have worked so well if your brother would have kept his mouth shut." She turns to Damon. "Do you know how inconvenient your obsession for me has been?" She walked toward Damon. He had a bourbon drink in his hand. He smiled as he sipped his drink.