08.

"Katherine" her soft voice trembling at the end echoed around. "Miss Pierce, are you hiding?" she asked unsure of where she went. Elle sighed silently and when she turned around she noticed Katherine standing right in front of her. 

"Surprise" Katherine smiled, veins popped under her eyes and blood filled her eyeballs. Her beauty hidden behind those thirsty eyes. Naked fangs appeared and a scream followed. But Elle didn't notice she was the one screaming until she turned around to run away from the monster that followed her. The monster was incredibly fast and grabbed her, like that Elle woke up sweaty in her room. 

"What's wrong?" a voice full of fear made her look at the door and she noticed Anna standing there. Looking down Elle tried to calm herself. "You were dreaming about her once again, weren't you?" Annabelle asked walking toward Elle.

Nodding the blonde girl felt shame for being so weak. "I don't know why I keep dreaming she'll find me and kill me, just like she killed my brothers" Elle whispered looking at Annabelle. 

"I believe is not fear what it's keeping you dreaming about her, just the memories coming back to you. It's been a few hours since your transition. " Anna sighed placing the candle she had in her hands on Elle's night table. 

"All these dr... all these memories were erased by her?" Elle asked looking at Annabelle, the only person right now that had been with her since she lost her entire family. 

"Yes" Anna looked down not feeling proud such thing could be possible. "Katherine used to feed on you, on your brothers and so many others. For her... feeding was a game. So she liked her prey scared and to manipulate it."

"Why didn't you help me before, Anna?" she looked at her friend, her eyes noticed Anna's shame on her actions. "Why help me now?" she asked confused about the fact