07.

HAZE

Blankly she stared at the board in front of her. Today it was Monday and she had classes at school. She didn't even know she bothered, Elle had been in high school so many times she had actually lost count. Estelle has been from the shy girl to the hottest cheerleader. The teacher kept talking about algebra and how important it was for them to learn about it. Elle didn't even notice she was nodding. Her mind was just somewhere else. Her thoughts rushing a thousand miles per hour. 

"Anna" she looked at her friend with wide eyes. She couldn't believe Anna was leaving to wake up her mother and leave her alone. "What happens if you can't open the tomb?" she asked afraid to be alone or that Anna might end up getting hurt. 

"It will be open when I get there, I know someone else must be crazy to see someone inside. I promise you it's not going to be hard. Just take mom out and leave, simple as that" Anna smiled as she packed her lasts belongings. 

"Just... just promise me you'll be back soon" she grabbed Anna's hand making her stop from packing. She looked at Elle and sighed silently. 

"I promise" she giggled. "Now would you help me pack my last things or should I finish on my own?" 

"ELLE" someone whispered but it was a loud whisper making her jump in her seat. As she looked around she realized that the classroom was empty and Jeremy was standing in front of her blocking her view to the board. She lifted her eyes to him and frowned. 

"What?" she asked not sure of why he stopped her concentration. As he motioned around she realized that the bell rang and everyone left except for her. 

"Where is your mind lately?" he asked helping her pick up her books from her chair. She didn't even know where to begin, after all lately she has been quietly distracted in becoming stronger to defeat Katherine. She wanted the bitch to rot in hell so much. 

"One word?" she started as she walked out from Algebra's classroom. Her shoes echoed in the hallway as she walked to the cafeteria since it was lunch time. "Katherine" she stopped to look into his eyes. 

"Oh" he walked beside trying to keep her pace. It was quite difficult for him and it was funny to watch, but she wasn't in the mood to be laughing or making jokes at all. Her mind should be concentrated into how to become stronger than a five hundred years old vampire that was incredibly a bitch. 

"I've been drinking vervein, working out and training like crazy to be able to defeat her if she comes around" she explained as she entered to the lunch room. Everyone stared at them, specifically Tyler Lockwood who apparently had a crush on her. He just seemed so fixated in her that she felt the need to punch him in the groin. 

"Drinking vervein? shouldn't that hurt you pretty bad?" he asked making her stop to face him, she made this face of 'Are you kidding me' and he noticed making him smile at her awkwardly. 

"Of course it would hurt me pretty bad, but my brother told me a few days ago, when he had a chat with Katherine Pierce, that she was taking vervein for years and now it didn't affect her." she explained briefly as she grabbed some food and place it on her tray. "It's something I need to do because I won't let her manipulate my life, my fears or emotions again" she was so determined. 

"What exactly did she do to you that you hate her so much?" he asked as he walked with her toward the table. She placed her tray down and she tried to think on her reasons to hate Katherine Pierce. 

"Well, everything bad that happened in my life was because of her. She tried to get me killed multiple times. Made me break my arms, feet and hands a couple of times just for entertainment. Katherine told me to drown and I almost did it. Katherine compelled me to do stuff that would hurt me badly just to see me suffer a little bit." she grabbed a slice of pizza and started eating it. 

"What the hell?" he asked in shock of her words. "Why would she do those things to you?" he asked as he nibbled  a bread. His chocolate brown eyes looked into her blue hues making her lose train of thought for a minute.

"Why?" she scoffed at his question. "Because that's who Katherine Pierce is. I asked her the same thing the other day when she came to visit me, you know what she said?" she asked and he shook his head waiting for her answer like a kid waits for Christmas. "She told me that she did it because I reminded her of herself when she was young and human. And that I disgusted her for being so innocent that she tried to do me a favor by being my personal bully in life" she finished her pizza as he processed the information she just had given him. 

"That woman is nuts" he expressed making her chuckle at it. He was such a cute boy, it was like he was a cute dog and she didn't mean it in a bad way but a good one. She grabbed her water and added some vervein to her water. Jeremy looked at her wide-eyed as she started to swallow down the bottle. 

"Agh" she cried making a face of pain but not allowing herself to feel weak about it. She looked at Jeremy and sighed. "You don't understand" He looked into her eyes and placed his hand on top of hers. 

"I do" he smiled at her and caressed the top of her hand with his thumbs. Her lips parted as she tried to catch her breath. Her burning throat ceasing from hurting. His touch sent through her hand an energy and spark she had never felt before. Her eyes widened as she felt how it ran across her body making her have goosebumps. A smile grew on her lips and she felt like the world had stopped briefly. 

"Thank you" she gratefully whispered not sure if he heard it. He had taken away her breath away with that touch, with that spark and energy he had discharged through her. 

"What's happening here?" Elena made Elle cringe at her word. She looked up and sighed knowing she would never get over the fact that she was Katherine's doppelganger. 

"I was just leaving" Elle retrieved her hand from his. She grabbed her tray and left without looking back. She heard Jeremy tell her that she shouldn't leave and to stay but she couldn't. Part of her wasn't able to swallow the fact that Elena looked like the demon that hurt her so much.