05.

Stefan had asked her to eat dinner with him. They spoke for really long hours about their memories when they were young. He wanted to know how his sister was doing, he wanted to let her know that he was for her no matter what. 

"So..." he started, his green orbs looked at her and a smile appeared on her lips. 

"So?" she asked, it had been a nice day even though of what happened with Jeremy earlier. 

"I want to know what is your best memory before everything that happened" he asked. She looked down and sighed. 

"I don't have any" she simply answered. Looking down at her plate she remembered one of the worst and it tore her inside, she couldn't think of the past anymore. It was painful and full of hatred. 

"C'mon, it can't be true" he started but she stopped him. 

"Let's just place some boundaries here, Stefan." she looked into his green orbs, this time her blue orbs consumed his. "We leave the past behind, because after all that's what it's, the past" she smiled forcibly. 

"I just don't get why do you have to act like this when you are asking to leave it behind" he looked down breaking eye contact with her. 

"I act like this because I am not going to let ANYONE" she emphasized the last word. "Put me through what I have been through again. The girl I was, that innocent girl died Stefan. Just like the naive boy inside of you should have, but you clearly still live in the past since you fell for the same pretty face but different temper." she grabbed her things and started to walk away but he stopped her. 

"You are right, I am sorry. I am terribly sorry" he sighed. "This was about connecting as a family and I tried to... I screwed up" he apologized. 

"Yeah, you sure did" she rolled her eyes. His phone started ringing and immediately she caught eye of the name on the screen. "Answer it" she looked into his eyes, how desperate he was to talk to her. "I'll wait here" she said walking a few steps away even though she knew that her super hearing would give her a chance to hear whatever Elena had to say. 

"Stefan, someone was in the house and almost killed John." she could hear Elena in tears. A smile crossed her lips because after all the bastard got what he deserved for killing her best friend and the only family she thought she had for so long. "No, no, no... It's Jeremy. I think he turned himself into a vampire" hearing that her heart beat started pumping against her chest harder than ever. Tears visited her eyes yet she managed to push them inside again. And once Stefan finished his phone call she walked toward him. 

"I want to go" she asked making him raise an eyebrow. "It's Jeremy we are talking about" she cleared up. 

"Did I miss something?" he asked unsure if she had feelings for Jeremy or not. 

"Anna made her promise once that if ever something happened to her I would seek for the boy she fell for" she lied. 

"Weird promise, are you sure you want to come? I mean, Elena is obviously going to be there" he asked but she didn't think it twice. 

"I'll try my hardest not to kill her" she joked making him look at her seriously. "It was a joke" she looked at him wide-eyed.