ꀘ꒐ꋊꍌ ꄲꊰ Fꏂꋬꋪ / ꇙꄲꋊ ꄲꊰ ꓄ꏂꋪꋪꄲꋪ

(Meanwhile: In Olympus)

On the day that Perseus Jackson was to kill the gods, a king paced.

A king of the sky.
Of storms.
Of lighting.
Of Olympus itself, in all its grander.

Unfortunately, he was not the king of problem solving.

So, there he paced upon his golden tile, fuming externally, internally terrified.

Even the gods feared the unveiling of a prophecy that had been passed down for centuries unseen by mortal eyes until today.

And on Olympus this rainy evening, the fear seeped its way into even the strongest willed god or goddess.

All of the gods cowered or bowed their heads, unable to pray to anyone but themselves.

All but the king, who paced.

*DING*

Now all, including the king, looked to the entrance of Olympus.

Terror slithered into Olympus that night like a serpent, followed by a boy with sea-green eyes who's name meant avenger.

(Percy's POV)

The doors to Olympus slide open with a sharp ding and the first thing I'm greeted by is the whole Olympian council, noticeably sweatier than usual.

"You know the prophecy?" I simply grunt.

The gods, panicked, advert their eyes, not answering. Instead Poseidon begins to speak to me.

"Ah... Percy, my favorite son! I'm glad you could make it to Olympus! We were just... erm... discussing your rewards for your outstanding performance at the battle of Gaea!"

I'm just about to pull out Riptide and lay waste to the gods and all their finery when I feel Rachel's hand on my shoulder from behind me.

Oh, right. I brought Rachel. I almost forgot with her silently hidden behind me.

She leans forward and whispers in my ear, "take up the offer, try to get godhood."

All of the pieces of the puzzle fall into place. To pull this off I need to play this right.

I shove down my anger, for now, and plaster what I hope is a good-natured smile on my face.

"Wonderful! I would also love to discuss options on rewards! Also-" I take a step to the side to fully reveal Rachel and gesture to her.  "- I hope you don't mind, but I've brought my advising attorney. You never know what could happen."

I stroll into the council room without waiting for an answer and just hope that Zeus doesn't smite me.

***

I'm starting to grow uncomfortable. Standing this long on hard golden tile does nothing for a sore back.

The gods have offered me everything from half the United Kingdom to all the blue food in the world.

But not one mention of immortality. Well, it's kind of on-the-nose but I need to bring it up, the gods obviously won't.

I interrupt Zeus mid gift offer. "Hey- look- owning all of Australia sounds cool but I was thinking... maybe we should go with something more simple. Something classic."