𝔻𝕖𝕧𝕚𝕟𝕖 𝕀𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 (ᴀᴋᴀ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀᴛᴇꜱ ꜱɴɪᴛᴄʜ)

(Percy's POV)

"This better not be about a prophecy."

Rachel winces apologetically.
Hm. Shocker.
It is about a prophecy.

Because there's just no such thing as peace or privacy when you're me.

I sigh again and trod over to the couch and let myself fall down into it. Only then do I look at Rachel.

"Okay," I say, "Shoot. What's the prophecy? You can't surprise me at this point."

She fidgets a bit and starts to pace but seems to change her mind and sits across from me instead. She rubs her hands together and clears her throat nervously. "Well. It's a prophecy, but uh you already knew that so I don't knowwhyimsayingthatthalikeyouobviosly
Knowthat-"

I cut her off before she has a nervous breakdown, "Rachel! Calm down, it's okay! I'm used to prophecy's by now just say it. It's not like I'm not going to be mad at you."

I mean, I do hate prophecies but I know Rachel can't help receiving them. I'm a little confused about how nervous she's acting though, it makes me feel like this might be worse than others. The worst part is that I think I might have an idea of what it's about.

Rachel looks at me and shakes her head before breathing in shakily. "Percy this prophecy... it's different from the rest. It- it's bad. It's not as cryptic as they usually are, which typically means it's bound to come true the way you hear it. And- I just hope it's not going to come true."

Okay. That was definitely not reassuring.

Rachel is rarely dramatic so I know her concerns are real.

"Okay you just have to say it, like ripping a bandaid off," I say.

"Okayyy. Here it goes," She replies, obviously jittery, before beginning,

"Born of the ocean's depths, the son of the sea,
A force of nature, destined to be free.
With power unbridled, he'll challenge the gods,
To claim his place amongst the celestial odds. 
Will he rise as a king, or fall as a wave?
Only time will tell, in the path he'll pave."

All in hope to avenge his love of old,
his lost one true he once did hold."

Ooh boy.
Of course.
You get one idea and suddenly divine intervention snitches through a prophecy.

I put my best surprised face on.

"Woah, that's wild. Are you sure it's about me? Cause I'm not really on board with the whole revenge thin-" Rachel cuts me off by saying,
"Percy. Stop. We know all too well to this isn't about anyone besides you. Do you really feel like this? Why didn't you tell anyone?"

I just shrug, not trusting my voice.

My mom, who has been quietly taking this all in from the kitchen, decides to join the conversation now, "Percy, you better not let this come true. You can't get anything but pain through revenge. It's the last thing Annabeth would want. If she were here now she would tell you that herself."

I find myself holding back tears. I try to shrug casually and look around.
"Then where is she?"

"What?"

"Where is she?
Where's my girlfriend?"

"Percy-" My mom says.

Rachel speaks, now with tears in her eyes too, "She's dead. They killed her. You're right Percy."

I put my hands up. "I'm not saying I'm going to kill them just yet. But whether this comes true or not don't you think it's time someone reminded them? Time someone made them pay?"

My mom shakes her head, "Percy, Annabeth was like a daughter to me, you know that. But I can't have you getting killed chasing revenge on immortals. You can't defeat them Percy, they're gods."

Rachel butts in now, "Percy I think the gods are terrible for what they've done, and they don't deserve any of our respect or praise, but this is a suicide mission! You know you can't challenge immortals!"

I stand up. "If I want to I can and I will! If its a suicide mission so be it! I'd just get to punch Hades in the face sooner if I die.
I care about you both but I'll choose what I will or won't do and neither of you can stop me."

With that I leave through the front door, leaving the two shell shocked,
unsure where I'm heading but knowing where I'll end up.

(End of chapter 6)