𝕾𝖒𝖎𝖑𝖊 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖋𝖆𝖈𝖊 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖊𝖛𝖎𝖑 PT. 1

(Rachel's POV)

Percy slams the door as he leaves.

Sally lets out a small sob, "He's going to get himself killed!"

I stand, heading for the door, "Not if I can stop him."

(Percy's POV)

I rush down the apartment stairs and shove the  main exit door open using my side.

I pause as I turn when I see old lady staring at me from the closing elevator across the room.

One of her pale, milky eyes squints into a wink as the elevator door snaps closed with a ding.

A chill shoots down my spine and settles cold at the small of my back, where my mark of Achilles once was.

My fingers tingle. Is this woman a threat?
I take a step back inside, unsure if I should follow this decrepit old lady or just keep going.

I hear what I'm sure are Rachel's footsteps coming down the stairs.

Maybe I'm just going crazy, maybe I've grown too paranoid from sitting by myself in the dark for too long.

Before Rachel reaches me I make my decision. I finish pushing open the door and pull my hood up as I jog to the sidewalk, ready to be out of the building and far from Rachel and her prophecies and my mom with her frightened looks.

But a tiny voice in my mind whispers I've made a mistake, I should turn back.

It almost sounds like Annabeth.

I ignore her.

(Continues in next chapter)