α ɠσℓ∂εɳ รɱเℓε

(Perseus)

Perseus strode towards Hades, who stood statue-like in front of his fortress. Even from a distance he could hear the wails of the damned echoing off of its dark walls. Somehow reaching his ears even with the thunder of the raging storm trailing him.

When Perseus reached Hades, the god simply kneeled, sending a small jolt of shock through Perseus.

"I cannot fight you," said Hades softly. "I could not best you if I tried. I shall do what you want of me willingly."

Perseus looked upon Hades. In the reflection of Hades's dark eyes Perseus could see his own. Dark and cold as the North Sea. But Perseus knew he was not as turbulent and unpredictable as his father's domain.

He didn't see a helpless man before him, though that's what Hades seemed to be on the outside. He instead saw a divine creature who had turned away when the only truly divine person was killed.

Perseus raised Riptide.

"Then perish," he spat

"Tut tut tut" cooed a feminine voice from behind the darkened doorway in front of Perseus.

Hades lifted his head, a glimmer of light from a nearby sconce illuminating the thin smile on his pale lips.

Perseus immediately recognized the voice, even before Aphrodite creeped out of the shadows into the dim light. "Perseus," she purred, "so good to see you."

Perseus jolted forward, quickly redirecting his attention to the goddess. "I killed you! I watched you die!" He shouted the words desperately, poisonously.

"And apparition dear!" She said darkly. "You killed a lowlife goddess wearing my likeness. It was not very convincing if you ask me, but people tend to go blind when it comes to rage. Or love for that matter. Hmm."

"This is nothing but an annoyance," Perseus growled, "I can just kill you now, but you know that. Why did you choose to show yourself now?"

Aphrodite lifted her head in pride. "Oh, because I've already had my fun. Even if you kill me, which you may as well do, I will be the one slowly killing you. So go ahead. You cannot kill me in any way that lasts."

Perseus shoved Hades, who still knelt before him, out of his way and threw himself towards Aphrodite. He reached her and knocked her to her knees from behind as he placed Riptide under her nose in pen form.

"What. Did. You. Do." He spat, his hand shaking with anger, and perhaps even fear.

"Only what you, and they, had coming," Aphrodite said venomously, a smile creeping across her blood red lips.

"WHO HAD IT COMING?"

Aphrodite only laughed.

Perseus uncapped Anaklusmos.

The goddess's red lips became adorned with a new golden gloss.

Perseus let her corpse drop from his arms as he turned to Hades, sword dripping with ichor.

"Who did she kill."

Hades looked down.

"WHO WAS IT?" Perseus yelled, pointing Riptide toward Hades.

Hades sighed and looked up. "Percy there were signs. You are smarter than this."

"What do you mean signs?"

"It was her, Percy, it has always been her. She was the old woman Percy, the one you saw at your apartment."

"Why are you telling me this?" Perseus said.

"Think, Percy. What did she do?"

"She... went up the elevator towards... oh no. Oh gods. She- she didn't."

"I'm afraid she did. Sally Jackson was here not long ago. She has already been forced to be reborn."

(To be continued.)

///AN/// I am soooo sorry. Like actually. I've been so busy lately and mentally not great so this is all I have edited. I have finished writing all of the story though. I just have to edit, so *hopefully* I'll have those final few chapters out quicker than these last few. I'm really sorry to anyone who I said I'd have a full chapter to. :( Thanks for reading and being patient with me! <3////