BΣΉIПD CŁӨƧΣD DӨӨЯƧ

///AN this chapter is a bit more violent than any others so if you're sensitive to that don't read!///

(Zeus's Pov)

Zeus was a god who didn't know when to back out of a fight. Everyone had always told him so. He fought till he won, as a king god does. There is no option besides victory when it comes to an immortal being as powerful as he.

He had taught his father that lesson long ago.

But now, for the first time in all of his eons, he didn't want to win.

He just wanted to live.

But before him stood a boy clutching the threads of his fate with hands that shook with anticipation, not fear. That boy, the now god looked towards Zeus first, of course.

Zeus felt his will leave him. He almost fell to his knees before the boy. Instead he gathered what strength he had left and faced Percy.

Percy did not flinch at his iron gaze. He did not glare back, or show a shadow of anger. Instead the boy did something infinitely more terrifying. 

He smiled.

(Percy's pov)

I have to be honest with myself. 

I don't know exactly how I feel as I hold the strings in my immortal hands. My hands shake, but I'm not sure whether it's from fear or anticipation.

A vision of my father dying, bleeding ichor out of a wound I inflicted flashes in my mind and I almost stumble.

I- I'm not a murder.

But..

But...

But...

They are.

I think of Annabeth.

I turn to Zeus and he looks smug.

I grasp the strings in my sweaty palms as my mind wages war on itself.

         Kill           
                  the gods.
       Spare
                 The gods
           Kill
                 The gods
       Spare
                 The gods
Kill
                 The gods

A part of my mind begins to retreat.
The part that doubted, the part that felt, the part that loved. I crush that part of myself and kill it. Leaving me cold, but so much more sure.

I start to walk towards Zeus. I see his facade of bravery begin to crack and his breathing speed up.

...This is going to be fun.

I smile.

(Rachel's Pov)

Rachel had given Percy the strings.

She was the one that had given him the ammunition to kill the gods.

Did she want the gods dead?

. . .No.

Did she feel like it was the only choice?

Yes.

When the fates had walked in she had seen a vision. A vision of the future. She had known then what had to be done to keep the world alive.

So she gave Percy what he wanted, so he would do what was needed.

But as she watched him approach Zeus she couldn't help but mourn. Not Zeus, but Percy.