A ραтн тσ тнє gσ∂ѕ PT. 2

//AN// You guys are so cool that I decided you deserved another chapter tonight and since I've been on a road trip for the past five hours I'm on a roll so here you are dears, enjoy 💕//

(PERCY'S POV)

"I don't think I can let go, Rachel," I say as I pace back and fourth in front of the elevator.

Rachel watches me with solemn eyes. After a moment of pause she asks, "why?"

I stutter in shock for a second and look at her, aghast. "Why? Rachel they practically killed Annabeth! And hundreds of other innocent demigods!"

She nods absently. "How do you know that it was their fault, Perce? Have you asked why they didn't show up? Maybe they had reasons."
I see her grimace slightly after saying that. Even she doesn't believe they're truly innocent.

I give her the satisfaction of an answer anyway. "Well, Aphrodite has been tormenting me relentlessly since it happened, and she's all but taken credit for it. And you know dam well that they didn't have anything better to do the day that it happened. They also swore they would come to our aid, and still didn't show."

Rachel squints her eyes a bit. "But.."

"-Also!" I interrupt, "They swore on the Styx to me after the battle with Kronos that they would care for their children, and you see how well they've handled that."

Rachel, surprisingly, nods agreeably.

"Rachel, I'm the only demigod powerful enough to do this. I'm the only one who can defend camp from the gods tyranny."

She sighs and blinks hard, like she's fighting tears. "I know, Percy, but you can't sacrifice yourself for this. Camp would rather have you and deal with the gods issues than no you and no gods. You don't always have to be the hero."

I smirk a little at that.

"I know. Luckily, there's a big difference between a hero and a Demigod."

"What's that?"

"The hero knows when to stop fighting."

I jab my fist into the up button for the elevator.

The door opens with a crisp ding.

I turn to a shocked Rachel.

"You coming?"

(End of chapter)