<ꀘꋊꄲꉔꀘ꒐ꋊꍌ ꄲꋊ ꁝꏂ꒒꒒ꇙ Dꄲꄲꋪꇙ>

[Note by Chiron: the following is an letter procured from Olympus. Provided letter was composed by Perseus only days before The Day of Great Sorrows; however, it was never sent.]

Dear Chiron,

I, Perseus, currently stand within my golden throne room. I would inform you that I am not Percy the hero any longer. I am now Perseus, the gods' bane. The Fate.
And yet... I need to inform you that I feel I am missing something.
There is a nagging in my mind that I cannot ignore.
A feeling that tells me there's something horrible afoot.
Godly intuition, perhaps? Or is it simple paranoia?
I remain unsure.

Take heed & caution,

Perseus Godsbane

(HADES POV)

Percy Jackson. A god. Well, Hades should have a seen this coming. No child of his brother was ever satisfied with simply existing. They always had to cause crisis.

Hades was just fortunate to not have been on Olympus the day Percy went on his massacre.

But Hades wasn't a fool, He knew what to expect, which was a visit from Percy any day now. So there Hades sat, biding his time. A god waiting for a gods' bane.

Percy had killed them... all of his family. How did Hades feel? Well, he felt as though a pressure that had been building up for decades had finally been released. He mourned his family, of course, but he had known that their behavior wouldn't go unpunished forever. It simply wasn't maintainable.

Hades stood up from his dark throne and strode past hallways guarded by undead soldiers until he arrived to his large black doors. Pushing them open, he stepped outside, or as 'outside' as one could be underground. A stiff breeze lifted his raven hair and he shuddered slightly.

Hades was a realist. He could admit when he was sca— well, unsettled. The unusual breeze was not the only thing that bothered Hades. There was this chill... and not the usual chill of the underworld, it was the chill of change. He abhorred it, whatever it was.

It would not be long till the gods' bane arrived to claim his final prize, still, Hades feared that could be the least of their worries now.

(PERSEUS POV)

Perseus stretched his stiff arms above his head as he stood from his golden throne. The place was a mess. Golden Ichor spotted the floors, he haven't bothered to clean them all up. As he scanned the throne room his eyes caught a wisp of mist disappear behind a throne.

"You there! What are you doing?"
He said, trying to avoid shouting. He didn't want to scare what he assumed was a stray servant away.

A young cloud nymph peaked her head out from behind the throne.

Ah, he was right. Perseus walked closer to her and knelt down so she didn't have to crane her neck to look straight up at him. "Hello," he said softly, "what's your name?"

"Mayslee," she whispered.

"Do you know who I am, Mayslee?"

The nymph nodded her head, eyes wide. "You... you're the one that killed them," she said timidly.

"Yes," Perseus said with a frown, "it had to be done. I know it's not pleasant."

"Will you kill us too?" Mayslee asked, quivering with fear.

"No," Perseus chuckled, "I won't make a habit out of killing. I only bring justice on those who deserve it. Tell me something, Mayslee, did they treat you well?"

"I- well no..."

"I will. I'll make a better life for you all. And I could only do it by killing them, you see?"

The nymph looked at him and slowly nodded.
"Do you, um..." she began quietly, "need me to help you clean up?"

Perseus gave a smile for her sake and said, "yes, that would be lovely."

She nodded again and as she turned away to begin cleaning Perseus said,

"Oh, and Mayslee, if possible, could you save the Ichor you clean up? My throne could use a new paint job."

* * *

Perseus was ready, it was about time he payed his last living uncle a visit.

He would hopefully be changing the living part soon.

So Perseus began his final path.

His path to the Underworld.

* * *

(HADES POV)

Hades, still standing before his estate looked out across the dark underworld landscape. In the far distance, a servant of the underworld ran towards Hades, waving his hands above his head and crying out,  "SIRE! THE GODSBANE IS COMING! HE NEARS!"

Hades sighed. He knew Perseus was nearing. Why did the servant have to make a fool of himself so?

Well, Hades had news for Percy that may make him think twice before slaying him.

Hades heard heard a shuffling beside him and turned. There stood an old woman with pale eyes who smelled of prunes.

"Ugh. Must you hold that decrepit form?" Hades said derisively.

"Oh but it's just so entertaining to see your disgust, dear Hades," with that she exploded in a small cloud of pink glitter. After a moment it dissipated, revealing a woman, though not without coating Hades robes in the sparkly stuff.

The tall, curvy woman wore a blood red satin dress. She flashed her perfect teeth at Hades.

Hades rolled his eyes and began picking glitter off of his black robes.

"I wish you wouldn't do that, Aphrodite,"

She only smirked.

The servant finally reached them, panting for air. In between gasps he said, "Gods- bane- sighted- outside- the- inner- walls!"

"Yes," Aphrodite said, monotone, "We can see him ourselves."

And she was right. There in the distance, somehow dragging a whole dark raging rainstorm behind him, came the gods' bane.

Aphrodite turned with a huff and walked into Hades dwelling. She would be a surprise for later.

Now Hades could only hope that Perseus wouldn't destroy all humanity when he learned all that Aphrodite had done due to his insolence.

End of chapter.

//AN// Yes, hello I have returned (and so has Aphrodite) anyways expect more chapters very soon as I am on a long road trip rn. Tysm for reading and have a very merry Christmas!
(Also everyone who reads this say congrats to my older brother he is proposing to his gf tomorrow!///