The beginning of a betrayal

Hollyberry packed up her things. She had a sword packed, and a different shield. Hollyberry looked at her ancient shield. She was going to leave it behind. It would protect the Kingdom while she's gone. And...It would be it's only protector if she never came back. Hollyberry carefully placed her shield on her neatly made bed, and exited her bedroom. She quietly closed the door, and crept into the Hallway. She went to the nursery room. She came in, and saw her two granddaughters in the same crib, underneath the moonlight. Hollyberry silently came towards them. She planted a kiss on each of their heads. This might be the last time she ever sees them after all... Hollyberry exited the nursery, and went down the Palace stairs. She exited the Palace. Hollyberry looked around to see if anyone was watching her. Once she made sure no one was, she put a dark cloak over her body and pulled the hoodie over her head. She was ready. She fled the Palace and bypassed all the Royal Guards. She made her way into the forest, making her escape. She looked at her Kingdom from a distance one last time. Hollyberry let out a sad sigh. She loved her Kingdom more than anything. It had her granddaughters, her son, her daughter in law, and all her people. But she had to do this...For the sake of her Kingdom. She kept looking at her Kingdom, until she heard a crash behind her, and some hissing. Oh fuck... Hollyberry slowly turned around...And there was Pitaya. The Lizard always managed to find her somehow. Pitaya was quite fond of Hollyberry for some reason, which Hollyberry didn't know why. But Hollyberry liked them as well, and found great joy in spending time with someone who could keep up with her and enjoyed the same things as her. But right now was NOT a good time. Pitaya immediately grinned, and crashed into Hollyberry, wrapping their arms and tail around her.

Pitaya: Hollyberry!!!

Hollyberry: O-oh, Pitaya! How nice to see you...

Pitaya: It ssseemsss you're not busssy at the current moment, ssso that mussst mean you have time to fight!

Hollyberry sighed. This is what she was afraid of. It was so hard to turn down their requests since they rarely got to spend any time together as friends due to Hollyberry's duties as Queen. But, she had to do it now.

Hollyberry: Sorry Old Lizard, I-I have something important to do right now. Excuse me, I have to go.

Hollyberry quickly scurried past Pitaya. Pitaya pouted.

Pitaya: Then when are we going to ssspar again?

Hollyberry stopped in her tracks. She was completely frozen in place. Soon, she responded.

Hollyberry: S-soon.....It's a promise.

Pitaya: Alright, I'll be waiting then!

Pitaya grinned, and flew off. Hollyberry let out a shaky sigh, and ran off.