Five Years Later

Five years had passed. Hollyberry had never been found, and Pitaya had still taken over the throne. They didn't dictate since they didn't seem to give a shit about the throne. They usually spent their days in the Treasure room, staring at the portrait of Hollyberry on her Coronation Day. Of course, from time to time, they came out of there and raided the kitchen pantry. The cooks were definitely not happy, but they wouldn't dare to confront a freaking flamethrower. Pitaya also came out of the Palace from time to time to stretch their wings. At first the Hollyberrians were scared, shocked, and angered that the Royals would let a Dragon rule over the Kingdom. They feared for their lives everyday, thinking they were going to wake up to the Kingdom being set on fire. But they never did. Over time, they grew used to the Dragon flying above their Kingdom. They never did anything but fly above their Kingdom. (And from time to time, swoop down to grab something shiny from a poor innocent vendor.) The Dragon in fact, sometimes drove cake monsters away from the Kingdom, which the Hollyberrians were pleased with. Nowadays, the Hollyberrians just knew not to piss off the Dragon or get in their way, and they'll be fine. Jungleberry and Royalberry were often fearing for their lives in the castle. But they were mostly saddened. Both their daughters had disappeared. Princess Cookie supposedly ran off with a blonde knight to go on an adventure, and left without telling anyone. And no one knew Tiger Lily's whereabouts. It was suspected the girl was kidnapped. So Jungleberry and Royalberry were mostly alone in the castle with Pitaya. They were relieved the Dragon mostly kept to themselves within the safe room, but the Dragon often came out and asked if Hollyberry was found, which they often responded with fear, afraid that the Dragon would lose their temper at them for not finding Hollyberry. Thankfully, the Dragon usually just growled or hissed at them, and made their way back to the safe room. As for what Pitaya did.... As you know, they spent their days in the safe room, looking at a portrait of Hollyberry. But what were they thinking? ...................The Promise. Hollyberry never broke a promise. She was the one Cookie you could always count on to keep her promises. But why had Hollyberry broken this one? She promised she would play with Pitaya soon...Everytime she promised that, she would keep her promise, and play with Pitaya the next few following days. But...She has been gone for eight years. She said so herself, the only thing that would make her break a promise to a friend, is death itself! ...................Wait. Pitaya froze. Could she have......NO! Pitaya shook their head. Hollyberry wouldn't die! She always refused to die, she was literally an old hag, yet she looked like she was in her thirties! Hollyberry was NOT weak enough to die to anyone, or anything! But then....That would mean she purposely broke her promise. But why? Did Pitaya do something wrong? If so, then what? She could have just told them, and they would probably not improve, but then they would have some berry juice and laugh over it. Did Hollyberry get tired of their constant requests to fight? Did Hollyberry....Get tired of them? Pitaya growled. But that wasn't an excuse to lie to them and break her promise! Pitaya snorted and continued to stare at the portrait. They were TOTALLY going to kick her ass once she was found!