Chapter 11: Boss Fight

Throughout the day, Muramasa had been assisting Finn and the Loki Familiar with their preparations to leave. He had lent a hand willingly, and as the time for their departure drew near, Finn expressed his gratitude.

"Thanks for the help, Muramasa" Finn said, offering a grateful smile. Muramasa acknowledged the thanks by raising a hand in a finger salute. With that, Finn and the Loki Familiar set off as the vanguard party, tasked with eliminating monsters while Muramasa remained behind to protect the gods.

As the day progressed, about half a day had passed since the Loki Familiar's departure in the morning. Muramasa couldn't shake the feeling that something was amiss. He arrived at the open area that had previously been occupied by the Loki Familiar's tents. His senses went on high alert as the ground began to tremble violently.

"What?!" he exclaimed as he looked up, detecting an overwhelming aura of malice. The ground beneath his feet started to crack open, and the dungeon crystal nearby was rapidly losing its light. Realization dawned on him.

"What did they do now... Damn kids!" he muttered under his breath in frustration. As the ground continued to quake, a massive monster fell through the cracks, landing on the opposite side of the tree from where Muramasa stood.

He groaned audibly and crouched down, taking a moment to stretch his muscles. In the solitude of his thoughts, he began to monologue to himself, contemplating the situation and his next course of action.

"The monster that fell down was the Floor Boss of Floor 17. The evil quake had boosted the monster's overall stats so significantly that dealing with it alone would be troublesome even for someone at my level. However, what's even more troublesome are the other monsters." He paused in his planning as a roar echoed through the floor, accompanied by the screams of people and the presence of different races of monsters causing chaos.

"I also need to worry about the floor's other monsters, as the passive ability of the Floor Boss has evolved to the point where it affects more than just itself, it now influences all the monsters on the floor. I can hardly sense Bell's current magic, and it seems the monster is very close to him rather than me, so it will take some time for me to reach him" He stood up after stretching his muscles, ensuring he wouldn't suffer from sore muscles during the upcoming ordeal. As he moved forward, he was confronted by hordes of monsters with glowing red eyes, growling with malice at the swordsmith.

※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※

Muramasa fought his way through the hordes of monsters, dispatching them one by one. In normal circumstances, he would have rushed past them to confront the big boss directly. However, doing so would lead all the surrounding monsters to the group of adventurers, distracting them with numerous but weaker foes.

After approximately 40 minutes, Muramasa had eliminated all the weaker monsters and saved many lives. He had reached the other side of the floor, where the cave was bathed in red light, and the cacophony of monster roars and adventurer battles grew louder.

"Shoot..." He halted in his tracks when he spotted Goddess Hestia and Lili crouched beside an unconscious Bell. "What happened?" Muramasa inquired as he approached them, inspecting Bell's badly injured body.

"Muramasa, you've arrived!" Lili exclaimed happily, quickly moving to his side and providing an explanation of the situation and how Bell had sustained his injuries. Muramasa couldn't help but be surprised that Bell was still alive after what he had endured.

"Just like that brat..." Muramasa mused with a slight grin before he stood up.

"Are you going to go and fight?" Lili asked while Goddess Hestia softly stroked Bell's hair, her face filled with hope. This sight only deepened Muramasa's trust as he witnessed the pure and unwavering love she had for the young boy.