Chapter 12: Night Interruption

"Cheers!" The group, consisting of Bell, Lili, and Muramasa, celebrated their return from the middle floors, joined by Yamato Mikoto from the Takemikazuchi Familia. Mikoto had requested their company for grinding and gathering materials for the adventurer guild.

"It's a shame Miss Mikoto couldn't join us for the celebration" Lili remarked with a sigh. However, Bell quickly brightened her mood with his signature smile and reassured her that Mikoto was simply busy. He also mentioned that Mikoto had promised to join and assist them from time to time.

As they all enjoyed their dinner and drinks, Lili brought up an old question that Muramasa had seemingly forgotten to answer. "Muramasa, how do you create swords seemingly out of thin air?" Lili asked. Bell's eyes widened slightly in curiosity, as the question served as a reminder that he had stopped questioning Muramasa's abilities a while ago.

"That would be one of my magic spell, known as Projection Mage-craft or Tracing, it allow me to create physical objects seemingly out of thin air by projecting them from his mind's conceptual blueprints" He explained in simple terms to not over complicate it though he did leave those less important knowledge out. "That sounds hard but also amazing!" Bell looked surprised but stared in awe at Muramasa who only grinned as he took a sip from his drink, "Thanks."

"But is that all? I never heard of any magic that allow such a thing like that, I know there are magic spells which allow you to create physicals objects but only small objects like a vase can be created and those are considered as high tier spells with long casting" Lili interjected with confusion as Bell was just confused but nodded either way, trying to understand. 

"I'll explain, The process begins with me visualizing the desired object's shape, structure, and details. I then activates my magic, uttering "Trace On" as a command phrase though I sometimes dont need any chant depending on the weapon that I am projecting. Getting back on the point... This incantation triggers my Projection Mage-craft, channeling magical energy into the envisioned object, causing it to materialize in my hand or nearby. These creations are temporary and are composed of mana" Muramasa finished explaining in a hush tone as he knows there are seeing eyes on his back which Lili but not bell caught on as she took a small glance around to see a few of the adventurers who were drinking were all looking at them especially a group in the back.

"Better ask Muramasa about what he did in the dungeon against the Goliath later on" Lili mused, her thoughts focused on the events they had just experienced. Bell, on the other hand, couldn't contain his amazement, his impressed expression clear as day. He couldn't help but compliment Muramasa on how cool and useful his abilities were, especially in their line of work.

Lili decided to change the subject, steering away from Muramasa's abilities to avoid further questions in public. "So, Master Bell, are you any closer to ranking up?" she asked. Bell, with a breadstick in his mouth, turned to her and nodded. "My abilities have grown quite a bit since we returned from the 18th floor" he mumbled. Muramasa passed a drink to him, and he took it gratefully. "Drink it down and don't talk with your mouth full, Bell. That's bad manners" Muramasa advised. Bell looked embarrassed as he nodded and swallowed the bread.

"Speaking of levels, you're climbing the ranks quickly. I bet you'll reach level 3 in no time, and then you'll surpass even me" Muramasa chuckled. However, their conversation was interrupted by a small Pallum kid with a squeaky voice.

"What's all this talk about reaching level 3?" The group turned their attention to the young Pallum. "I couldn't care less about how quickly you've climbed the ranks. The fact of the matter is that you're nothing but a big fat liar."

The Pallum kid continued to mock Bell, seemingly relishing in the opportunity to berate him. Muramasa took notice of the logo on the kid's attire, recognizing it as belonging to a particular Familia. He frowned at the sight, realizing the potential trouble that could arise.