Chapter 14: The Attack

A day had passed, and for the time being, everything seemed to be going well. Muramasa made his way to the main area in front of the dungeon, the usual meeting spot for their adventuring team. As expected, Lili was there, arriving early as always, holding a large bag with her hoodie pulled over her head.

"Master Muramasa? Is that you?" Lili asked, clearly surprised by the new clothing he was wearing. Instead of his usual attire, he had opted for something different, his regular forge clothing.

"Mhm, thanks" Muramasa nodded to Lili as he took a seat on a small stone wall beside a quaint fountain

"Mhm, thanks" Muramasa nodded to Lili as he took a seat on a small stone wall beside a quaint fountain. They began to chat about the upcoming dungeon expedition, and during the conversation, Muramasa took the opportunity to share some of the issues that had arisen at the banquet. Lili couldn't help but scoff and unleash a few choice curses directed at the Apollo Familia for their recent antics.

About 20 minutes had passed, and the sun was gradually rising in the sky, casting a warm glow over the bustling scene before them. Lili's concern about Bell's tardiness grew.

"Why is Master Bell so late?" she asked, her eyes fixed on the horizon. Around them, adventurers were gathering in groups, eagerly preparing to venture into the dungeon to hunt monsters, gain experience, and collect valuable Valis for the day.

"I can smell gunpowder in the air..." Muramasa remarked, his eyes narrowing as he surveyed the area.

Suddenly, a man rushed past them, catching the attention of both Lili and Muramasa. He excitedly shared some news with another group of adventurers nearby, and his words sent shockwaves through the duo.

"Did you hear? The Apollo Familia started a massive brawl right in the heart of the city. It sounds like they're going after Hestia's familiar, that rookie guy!"

Lili turned to Muramasa, her eyes filled with concern and uncertainty. In response, Muramasa rose from his seat, a deep and somber determination in his gaze as he looked down at her, and then he nodded, acknowledging the gravity of the situation.

.

.

.

Hyakinthos kicked Bell, who had multiple open wounds from blade cuts and had suffered extensive physical damage inflicted by the Apollo Familia. Bell lay on the ground, too injured to mount any resistance against Hyakinthos, who clearly outclassed him in every way.

"Since we are going to patch you up later, I dont see the harm in cutting off your arm or one of your legs" Hyakinthos grinned as Hestia who couldn't do anything could only watch in horror as Hyakinthos walked forwards to Bell who was on the ground, Hyakinthos raised his red curved blade up as Bell opened his eyes to see the sword coming and slashing down right down at him, He panicked but all resistance was useless, "No, please!" Hestia's desperate cry pierced the air. And then, a sudden cacophony of thunderous footsteps shattered the tension, growing faster and louder with each passing moment. As Hyakinthos swung his blade down with deadly intent to sever Bell's arm

"WHAT?!" Hyakinthos bellowed in a mixture of confusion and excruciating pain as an unseen force struck him. With a violent impact, he was propelled across the narrow alleyway, crashing through multiple walls. The sheer force of the collision caused Hyakinthos to expel a spray of blood from his mouth, staining the ground as he came to a jarring halt, his body wracked with agony. Pain radiated from his side and throughout his entire back, leaving him slightly incapacitated and bewildered.

.

.

.

"I warned you, Hyakinthos... You attacked Hestia Familia and our leader. I shall be your next opponent" Muramasa declared with a steely resolve. He traced the outline of a sword in his hand, the very air around him responding to his presence as a gentle breeze transformed into a whirlwind, causing his hair and clothing to ripple in the wind's wake.

"Muramasa?!" Hestia exclaimed, her shock swiftly giving way to relief as she rushed to Bell's side, embracing him and assisting him to his feet

"Muramasa?!" Hestia exclaimed, her shock swiftly giving way to relief as she rushed to Bell's side, embracing him and assisting him to his feet. "Sorry for my late arrival, Bell" she apologized, but then she turned to Muramasa with gratitude. "Hestia, let's leave this man's fate to meet my blade's edge, as it will determine his destiny" Muramasa declared. He swung his sword in a swift, circular motion before assuming a crouched stance, positioning his blade menacingly in front of his chest, its tip narrowing towards Hyakinthos's heart. Hyakinthos, initially hesitant, couldn't conceal his anger as he reluctantly got to his feet.

"Yes! Thank you, Muramasa. Be safe!" Hestia called out as she began to lead the injured Bell away from the confrontation. Hyakinthos watched with simmering frustration as his target made a hasty retreat, muttering under his breath, "No matter... He won't get very far" Hyakinthos turned his attention back to Muramasa, realizing that his troubles were far from over.

"I am curious... You and Lord Apollo should understand the punishment for committing such acts, It is clear that you are not acting alone on your own decision so do tell" Muramasa inquired, fully aware that the consequences for such crimes were severe, and the Apollo Familia would be held accountable. The penalty for such transgressions was not lenient, as it was meant to shock and scare any gods with nefarious intentions from engaging in similar actions such as losing half of their entire profit to the Guild.

"Our beautiful god has already accepted such punishment, and we, his children, will face it alongside Lord Apollo. So, give up, blacksmith. You may have a higher level than me, but your skills are merely basic" Hyakinthos retorted, attempting to intimidate the adventurer, urging him to withdraw and allow them to carry out their plans. However, the blacksmith's expression remained unwavering, bearing the determination of a seasoned warrior.

"I may be a average blacksmith, but that's not what this is about now. It's about me taking you on and putting an end to your god wishes... once and for all" Muramasa declared with resolve. He charged forward, his movements sharp and swift, ready to engage in a fierce battle against his opponent.