Chapter 13: Gods Banquette

"Good work on not stooping to their level, Senji" Hephaestus said as she sat in her chair, looking at Muramasa, who was lying on her couch with his eyes closed. "I'm not stupid enough to mess with the Apollo Familia" Muramasa commented, though he opened one of his eyes and glanced across the room at the Goddess Hephaestus.

"Not that the Apollo Familia is strong, seeing as their captain and high-level adventurer is only a level 3 named Hyakinthos Clio. I could defeat him, though the number of members, which ranges in the hundreds, makes the Familia quite large. They may lack in manpower, but they make up for it in numbers" he said, his gaze fixated on a partially opened letter with a logo slightly visible on a small seal.

"I'll get to the point. Apollo has sent invitations to the gods for a Banquet of the Gods, but with a twist: they are to bring one of their children along with them" she explained, lifting the opened letter and showing it to Muramasa. He got up and looked curiously at his goddess.

"I see. I would reckon that he has some plan, seeing as this is way too generous for someone like him to do for no reason" Muramasa said, with a feeling that something would happen but deciding to leave that feeling until the party.

Muramasa sat down on the chair Infront of her table, "And I take it that since I am here, I would be the lucky chosen to be selected by our goddess out of everyone in the Familiar to go to the party?" He asked as she nodded with a slight smile, "As right as always" She shut her eyes with a nod.

"I accept then and I would be honored to stand by your side during the event my goddess" He stood up and bow towards her before he made his way to the door and left.

.

.

.

"M'lady, Please let me know if you desire anything at the table and allow me to receive it for you" Muramasa spoken in a gentle but respectful tone towards Hephaestus.

Both the goddess and Muramasa found themselves at the party, surrounded by radiant lighting and well-dressed gods and their children. They feasted and engaged in conversations with others in the crowd. Delectable food and drinks were beautifully arranged on the tables, creating a stunning ambiance for the event.

 Delectable food and drinks were beautifully arranged on the tables, creating a stunning ambiance for the event