Chapter 9

(A/N that last chapter.. Gave me chills. What do you think?)

Harry~

This is it, Harry.

I should've moved. Possibly jump out of the way. Or maybe run out of the road. But my feet were glued to the ground.

I sniffle roughly and clench my fists. Please.. Let this be easy. I wipe away a hot tear as it drips down.

The car comes closer. The closer it comes, the more my skin crawls as I see how large it is. I squeeze my eyes shut, too nervous to breathe.

I feel a heavy weight knock me off my feet. I keep my eyes closed, refusing to search my surroundings; petrified to what I might find. I shoot them open when I hear heavy breathing. That heavy breathing.

It didn't hurt when I was pushed because something broke my fall. And that something was Niall

"Harry," he heaves.

"Niall.. You.." I push myself up to see his face clearer. "You.."

"Don't worry about it," he replies simply. "You know, I like this position." He smirks and grabs my bum with both hands, flipping us over. "But I'm always on top."

I gasp when he lands on my body and I rest my head on the concrete. I blow a heavy, frustrated breath out of my mouth, rolling him off of me.

"Let's go," I demand.

"Where are we going?" I hear him follow close behind me.

"You're taking me home." I step inside his cad and cross my arms over my chest.

"No, I'm not." He sits in the drivers seat, staring at me.

"Yes, you are."

"No. You said you were coming home with me," he says.

Crap. Good job, Harry.

"Fine," I grit through my teeth.

He starts the ignition and chuckles. "You don't have to act so bitter, Harry."

"Shut up, Niall."

"Oh c'mon, you really don't wanna go?"

"Just drive."

He pulls out of the space, smiling. "Yeah. That's what I thought."

*------------------------------------------*

"I'm making a sandwich," I grumble as I slip off my shoes.

"Why?" He asks, puzzled.

"Oh, let me think. You got us kicked out of the restaurant before we even ate, so I'm starving," I spat.

"I didn't get us kicked out. You ran out of of the restaurant!" He retreated.

"Because of you! You ruined tonight! You ruined everything!"

His face was red, his body tense. I open my mouth to say something, but clamp it shut. I didn't owe him an apology. Then again, he saved my life. He stood there silent, so I took that as a pass to walk into the kitchen. I make a large sandwich and set it onto two plates. I cut it in the middle, placing an even amount on each platter.

I watch him grab two bottles of water and sit next to me, without saying word. I nudge the plate to him. He stared at me. I rise one of my eyebrows up, staring back. We took a bite of it at the same time together.

Already finishing half, he speaks to me. "You don't have to always share your food with me, you know."

I shrug. "Don't worry about it," I quote.

He smiles at me and takes a drink of his water. I watch him intently. He looks at me as he does so. I fidget in my chair, feeling like I shouldn't be staring. But I couldn't stop.

A trickle of water drips down the side of his mouth, dropping to the table. He removes his lips from the bottle and licks his lips, rising his hand to wipe away the remainder of the water. I grab his hand and shake my head. Grabbing a napkin, I clean him up. His eyes were bewildered, like he was shocked, but didn't say anything, he just let me continue.

I had to say something. I had to ask.

"Why did you save me?"

He intwines his fingers with mine desperately. "Why didn't you jump out of the way?"

"Don't change he subject."

"Don't ask stupid questions."

I remove my hand from his and stand up. "It's not a stupid question! Why did you even push me out of the way? So I can owe you something afterwards? Is that it? So I would have to feel that I had to stay here?"

He jumps up and kicks his chair behind him. He comes close to my face. "Is that what you think? You think I saved you so you can owe me?" He shouts.

"Well, if it wasn't for you, I would've never ran out into the street!"

"If it wasn't for me, you'd be dead right now!"

I grit my teeth together. He touches my nose with his and grabs my face, crashing his lips onto mine. I put my hands on his wrists, but I don't push him away. He breaks apart and grabs my arm, hauling me away from the kitchen. I stumble over my feet as he drags me through the hallway and into his room.

"Niall?" He sits me down on his bed. Why did he drag me in here for?

"Shh, don't talk," he orders, hushing me.

Before I knew it, he pounces on me, attacking me with his lips.

~darkness x

(A/N who's ready for next chapter? x)