nineteen: Devils roll the dice

Stiles was getting pulverized.

No not literally but... he almost was.

Rowan's hand covered her eyes, she left pockets of space open between her fingers to take a peek at how he was doing but she always ended up wincing whenever he got tackled to the floor.

But while Rowan watched her best friend lose terribly, her twin brother beside her was trying to fight an inner battle himself.

"Listen closely, because the game is about to get interesting. "Gerard's voice sounded, Scott tensing as he continued to listen to the man.

"Let's put a real clock on this game, Scott. I'll give you until the last 30 seconds of the scoreboard. If you haven't given me Derek then Jackson is gonna kill someone."

Scott felt his insides freeze.

"So tell me Scott, who's gonna die tonight? Should it be your mother? Who has bravely come out to support you? Or the Sheriff ? Your best friend's father. Or how about the pretty little redhead who managed to survive the bite of an Alpha?" Gerard taunted.

"Oh better yet, your twin sister who loves you so much she's always willing to die for you? Its up to you Scott but you are going to help me take Derek down. Because if you don't, I'll have Jackson rip someone's head off in the middle of the field and drench everyone you love in blood."

Scott clenched his jaw. He needed to come up with a plan, and he needed one fast.

Every time the ball flew in Stiles's direction, Rowan had to look away because it always ended up badly for him. Either he missed the ball, got tackled, or the ball would hit him in the helmet.

Scott and Rowan loved the boy but man, Stiles sucked. Scott went to stand and play but Coach forced the boy back on the bench.

"Sit down McCall." Coach snapped.

"But Coach we're dying out there!" Scott exclaimed.

"Oh, im aware of that. Now sit." The coach said sternly before he walked back to his spot. Scott groaned and Rowan could do nothing but offer him a helpless smile.

"Im sure Stiles is just warming up"

"Or he just sucks. Period."

The twins looked up in surprise as Issac Lahey slid into the seat beside Rowan, flashing the two a confident grin.

Rowan hated how happy she was when she saw him.

"You stayed," Rowan whispered, her eyes soft as Issac watched the girl with a sweet smile,

"Im not going anywhere Red."

The twins watched with growing hope as Issac quickly put on his gear. With Issac, they might have a shot of turning this game around.

"You got a plan yet?" Issac asked them, glancing in Gerarrd's direction where he stood at the edge of the bleachers.

"No, it pretty much keeps Jackson from killing everyone. " Scott sighed.

"Well, that would be easier if you were actually in the game. We have to make it so the coach has no choice but to put you in. " Issac said as he glanced at Gerard again.

"How do we do that?" Rowan frowned.

"He's got a bench full of guys he can use before he puts me on the field." Scott shook his head. The twins suddenly froze, turning to Issac with wide eyes as the idea dawned on them.

Issac just shrugged.

"Can you do it without putting anyone in the hospital?" Scott asked weakly.

"I can try."