²⁰ 𝙴𝚇𝙴𝙲𝚄𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽

˗ˏˋ𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐭ˊˎ˗
𝚡𝚡. 𝚎𝚡𝚎𝚌𝚞𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

 𝚎𝚡𝚎𝚌𝚞𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

𝑳𝑰𝑨 gazed around the gloomy tunnel as she, along with Anakin, were shoved into an open cart while Padmé was escorted to one beside them

"Don't be afraid." Anakin said

Lia looked into Anakin's eyes.

"I'm not afraid to die." Lia whispered

The young Padawan was able to warm her heart like none other, and all she had been was distant and cold towards him. Pushing the boy away despite how badly, she too, wanted him.
She wanted to cave, to take what she wanted, so why shouldn't she? What could she possibly lose?

"I've been dying a little bit each day since you came back into my life." Lia said

Anakin felt his heartbeat pick up as he intensely watched the bodyguard.

"What are you talking about?" Anakin asked

"I love you." Lia whispered

Anakin looked at Lia, shocked to hear her reciprocate his feelings.

"You love me?" Anakin asked

The young Padawan blinked rapidly before looking down at the cart the two were in.

"I thought that we had decided not to fall in love." Anakin said

He looked back up at Lia.

"That we would be forced to live a lie, and that it would destroy our lives." Anakin said

"I think our lives are about to be destroyed anyway." Lia replied

Lia moved closer to Anakin.

"I truly, deeply love you, and before we die, I want you to know." Lia said

The two slowly leaned in, Lia closed her eyes upon feeling his lips meet hers. The brunette felt as if her heart would burst as she leaned closer to him, pulling on her chained hands as she relished in his warmth. The two pulled away and looked into each other's eyes.

"I love you, too." Anakin replied

The cart was lead out into the arena. Lia squinted her eyes as they suddenly emerged into the light, eyes widening upon seeing the huge arena packed tier upon tier of shouting Geonosians. Lia clenched her hands as they treaded into the center, where Obi-Wan was chained to one of four upright posts.

The cart suddenly halted and the Jedi Knight gazed back to see Padmé being dragged to her post to be chained. Lia held an annoyed expression as the guard lead her to her own beam. She remembered the pin she kept in her belt for emergencies and quickly put it into her hand. She was chained up next to Anakin as Padmé was chained up next to Obi-Wan.

"I was beginning to wonder if you'd got my message." Obi-Wan said

"I retransmitted it as you requested, Master. Then we decided to come and rescue you." Anakin stated

"Good job." Obi-Wan replied, sarcastically

The crowd let out a roar just as Count Dooku and Nute Gunray along with the Fetts stepped into the archducal box, staring down at the four prisoners. The Archduke let out a roar and the crowd fell utterly silent.

"Let the executions begin!" The Archduke announced

The crowd cheered in response. Different gates surrounding the arena began to open up, four different monsters inside. One was a bull like creature also known as a Reek, the other was a lion like Nexu, the one beside it being a rather long lobster identifiable as an Acklay, the last monster was a Rancor, a rather large snarling creature with long talons. The Picador's shoved the creatures towards the center with their spear before retiring to the perimeter.

Lia gulped and glanced over at Padmé who was picking the of the chains with a bobby pin, one of her hands slipped free and she began to climb up the pole. Lia smirked and began to pick her own lock, successfully undoing her left wrist. She began pulling herself up on the chain, thanking the Force that she worked on her core, before swinging around the pole as she braced her legs before her. Using all her strength, she kicked the Rancor beast in the jaw, making him tumble a bit before growling as it reached out a clawed hand, gripping the long chain before accidentally breaking it.

Lia tumbled onto the ground before she regained her balance, the brunette spared a glance at Padmé who was bleeding a bit from claw marks as the Nexu circled her pole. Lia focused back on the Rancor that snarled down at her, saliva dripping from the corners of its mouth to which she scrunched up her face.

"Gross." Lia mumbled

The beast slashed his claw at her and Lia quickly rolled out of reach. She gulped and stood up, pulling out her pin and running in another direction. She began picking the lock on her right wrist as the creature chased after.

"Kriff! Oh, kriff!" Lia exclaimed

She finally managed to unlock her right wrist and turned around facing the Rancor. She pulled the chain close to her and managed to lasso it around the creature's front leg. The monster let out of a growl and shook off the chain. Lia gulped nervously as the monster began stalking towards her. Suddenly, Anakin, riding the creature that had attacked him, knocked over Lia's monster. The horns on the Reek pierced the Rancor, killing it. Anakin extended a hand towards his love.

"Need a hand?" Anakin asked

Lia chuckled dryly as she grabbed the boy's hand, pulling herself on the bull like creature before slipping her arms around Anakin's waist. She quickly kissed his cheek before the Reek charged towards Padmé's pole, where she was stood on the top. Lia gazed up at her sister.

"Jump!" Lia ordered

The Senator gazed down before letting out a heavy sigh, throwing away the chains she held in her hands before leaping from the top of the post to land on the Reek behind Lia. Anakin caught sight of his Master and stalked straight towards him. Obi-Wan ran towards the Reek and jumped on behind Padmé.

Lia mentally cursed as droidekas suddenly rolled into the arena, surrounding the four. Lia narrowed her eyes as she took notice of the ruckus happening up in the archducal box. The brunette noticed flashes of lights as hundreds of Jedi's could be seen spread around the arena.

The bodyguard watched Count Dooku give a signal and suddenly thousands of droids piled out into the arena. Lia slipped off the back of the creature as she watched shots begin to breakout as the Jedi began fighting back. Geonosians began to disperse in the air as the battle droids made their way towards the Jedi.