²⁸ 𝙶𝙾𝙾𝙳 𝙽𝙴𝚆𝚂

˗ˏˋ𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐭ˊˎ˗
𝚡𝚡𝚟𝚒𝚒𝚒. 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚗𝚎𝚠𝚜

 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚗𝚎𝚠𝚜

𝑳𝑰𝑨 watched as a group of senators walked by her without noticing her presence

𝑳𝑰𝑨 watched as a group of senators walked by her without noticing her presence. She didn't mind, she was only here to catch one person's eye. She fiddled nervously with her cloak. It was the day she finally told him. By the time she had found out the truth behind her morning sickness, Anakin had already been sent off to the Outer Rim and she wanted to tell him in person.

She watched as Anakin's face lit up when he saw her from the corner of his eye. His lips moved quickly as he bid goodbye to Bail Organa and scurried over behind one of the large pillars where Lia stood. He pulled her into a hug, spinning her around in pure glee. They'd been separated for too long. A small hushed giggle escaped Lia's lips as her arms tightened around her husband's neck. Gently, he placed her down, his hand still pressed gently against her waist.

"Oh, Kin." Lia whispered

She pulled him into another hug and sighed.

"I've missed you, Lili." Anakin said

"There were whispers that you'd been killed." Lia said, sadly

"I'm all right. It feels like we've been apart for a lifetime. And it might have been, if the Chancellor hadn't been kidnapped. I don't think they would have ever brought us back from the Outer Rim sieges." Anakin said

As he went for a loving kiss, Lia pressed a gentle hand on his chest to keep him from kissing her. Her eyes swept over their surroundings, thankfully the senators were already too far ahead to even see them. She looked back at him with a small smile. 

"Wait. Not here." Lia protested

"Yes, here." Anakin argued

His voice was breathless as his overbearing want for her grew. Just her presence had him intoxicated, he couldn't think straight. His common sense and rationality were thrown out the window in her presence. 

"I'm-I'm tired of all of this deception. I don't care if they know we're married." Anakin said

"Anakin, don't say things like that." Lia said

Anakin pulled her into an embrace, frowning when he felt her trembling. The blonde felt his wife's worry and could feel anxiousness radiating off of her as he pulled back, concern filling his gaze.

"Are you all right? You're trembling. What's going on?" Anakin asked, concerned

"Something wonderful has happened." Lia said

She felt her eyes well up with the salty tears that her hormones seemed to have unleashed with every small mishap.

"Kin, I'm pregnant." Lia revealed

Anakin's jaw slacked slightly as he thinks through all of the ramifications of this. She was pregnant with their child.

"That's..." Anakin started

He paused, breathing heavily as his head spun with glee.

"Well, that's won... That's wonderful." Anakin said

He smiled happily as Lia bit her lip.

"What are we gonna do?" Lia asked

"We're not gonna worry about anything right now. All right?" Anakin said

He smiles, his hands moving to cup his lover's beautiful face. 

"This is a happy moment. The happiest moment of my life." Anakin said

Lia smiled widely, overjoyed with her husband's reaction as he held her closely. The couple kissed passionately before hugging once more.

❤️

That night, Lia stood out on the balcony of her and Anakin's apartment

That night, Lia stood out on the balcony of her and Anakin's apartment. Lia had moved out of her and Padmé's shared apartment once the Senator got married to her husband, Kaz. The breeze blew Lia's nightgown around, clenching at her 32 week stomach. Ever since she told Anakin the news, he'd been more protective of her, not letting her out of his sight. She looked out at the city as she brushed her hair. Anakin watched her lovingly, leaning against the wall. It was a beautiful image of Lia that he'd keep forever.

"Kin, I want to have our baby back home on Naboo. We can go back to the lake country where no one will know, where we can be safe." Lia said

She turned to face her husband, who was watching her with a smile on his face.

"I can go early and fix up the baby's room. I know the perfect spot. Right by the gardens." Lia said

Anakin watched her mesmerized in silence. She was a beauty that was out of this world.

"You are so... beautiful." Anakin said

Lia raised a brow as she turned to face him again. It was quite out of nowhere, though, she wasn't going to complain.

"It's only because I'm so in love." Lia replied

"No." Anakin said

He chuckled and smiled widely.

"No, it's because I'm so in love with you." Anakin said

Lia frowned and narrowed her eyes playfully, leaning against the railing.

"So love has blinded you?" Lia questioned

Anakin chuckled.

"Well, that's not exactly what I meant." Anakin said

Lia smiled at her husband.

"But it's probably true." Lia replied

She chuckled, shaking her head. They both laughed, yet despite that, they both knew the truth. He was deeply in love with her and would do anything for her, even if it meant harming the galaxy along with it.