²² 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚆𝙴𝙳𝙳𝙸𝙽𝙶

˗ˏˋ𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐭ˊˎ˗
𝚡𝚡𝚒𝚒. 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚎𝚍𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐

 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚎𝚍𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐

𝑳𝑰𝑨 was sitting on the chair next to Anakin's bed

𝑳𝑰𝑨 was sitting on the chair next to Anakin's bed. She had been there ever since they got back to Coruscant and was waiting until the Jedi Padawan woke up. They had given him a mechanical arm and he was still unconscious. Deciding she had sat down long enough, Lia stood up and started pacing the room. The door opened and in came Obi-Wan.

"Hello there. Are you all right?" Obi-Wan asked

Lia shook her head. 

"Not really." Lia replied

"Do you want to talk about it?" Obi-Wan asked

Lia nodded and the two sat down next to each other on the other side of the room.

"It's just so much to take in." Lia said

"I understand. A lot has happened these past few days and I wish I could say everything would go back to normal." Obi-Wan said

"So it really is the beginning of war?" Lia questioned

"I'm afraid it is." Obi-Wan replied

He stood back up. 

"Master Yoda is expecting me. You'll let me know when he wakes up?" Obi-Wan asked

"I will, don't worry." Lia said

The Jedi Master walked back out of the room and Lia moved to sit onto Anakin's bed. She took his hand - the non-mechanical hand - and gave it a gentle squeeze. She bowed forwards and pressed a kiss on his forehead. Anakin's eyes fluttered open. 

"I'd rather have that kiss on the lips." Anakin said

Lia rolled her eyes but gave him a quick kiss on the lips nonetheless.

"I'm happy you're okay." Lia murmured

Anakin raised his mechanical hand and was about to caress her cheek, but stopped halfway when he saw it. He looked at it and Lia awaited his reaction as she shuffled closer to him on the bed. Anakin moved his fingers and turned his hand around. He then looked at Lia and took a strand of her brown hair.

"I guess this isn't that bad." Anakin said

Lia smiled and Anakin let go of the strand to take her hand. The metal was cold against her skin but she didn't care. They intertwined their fingers and Anakin sat up, placing his forehead against hers. Anakin's smile faded away and he shuffled nervously onto his bed, making Lia frown.

"Are you all right?" Lia asked

"There is something I wanted to ask you." Anakin said

He took both of her hands into his.

"You can ask me anything." Lia said

"Will you marry me?" Anakin asked

A silence fell over the room as Lia's eyes widened.

"Yes." Lia said

She smiled widely.

"Yes, I will." Lia elaborated 

Anakin's eyes shone brightly as he cupped her face and brought her in for a long kiss. When he pulled back, he placed his forehead against hers. 

"I know I don't have a ring or something, but I have my heart. It's yours Lia, it was always yours." Anakin said

❤️

"Do you, Malia Naberrie, take Anakin Skywalker to be yours, body and mind, for as long as you both shall live?" The officiant asked

A soft smile spread across Lia's lips as she reached for the blonde's mechanical hand.

"Till death do us part." Lia said

The officiator took a step aside as Anakin etched closer to the brunette, reaching up with his free hand to cup the girl's cheek as he gazed longingly into her eyes.

"Til death do us part." Anakin repeated

Lia wasted no time leaning in, pressing her lips firmly against his as she pressed her body closer. Anakin tangled his hand in her brown locks as he moved his lips on hers. The newlywed couple pulled apart, resting their foreheads gently together as Anakin smiled down at her.

"Through eternity and beyond." Anakin said

Lia smiled brightly as she pulled both of her hands up, cupping his face in her palms as she swiped the pad of her thumb over his lower lip as she held a peaceful expression.

"Through eternity and beyond." Lia repeated