51 - Exploit

AUTHORS' POV

Vikram and Nirman reached the hotel where they were staying. They both got out of the car with cell phone and started walking towards the room. Vikram was extremely anxious about how he'd tell the truth.

He didn't have a mother but in these last 2 months he got really close to Nirmaan and especially Subi taking care of them like a son.

He couldn't imagine of seeing her breaking after he tells her everything. With all these thoughts in mind they reached the room. Nirmaan knocked on the door, letting her know they are coming in.

Upon seeing Subi, both Nirmaan and Vikram's heart broke. Since, her Nimbu left, the chirping, happy and always enthusiastic Subi was changed.

As always she was lost in her own world, not talking or caring who's around. She was sitting by the window looking out, as expected lost in Nimmi's thoughts.

Nirmaan was shattered seeing his wife in such a situation but he never expressed

Nirmaan was shattered seeing his wife in such a situation but he never expressed. He knew he had to be strong for his wife.

"You go talk to her, I'll wait out. Call me if you need anything.", Nirmaan puts a hand on Vikram's shoulder from behind. Vikram just nodded and Nirmaan left with Cellphone.

Taking small steps, Vikram reached near Subi and took a seat beside her, on long window seating.

Suni turned her face to see who it was as she felt someone's presence beside her.
A small but a sad smile was on her lips. "How are you ?", Subi asked genuinely, putting her warm palm on Vikram's cheek. The moment he felt that motherly touch, tears formed in his eyes.

"I'm not okay..I'm not okay Maa.", he puts his hand on hers trying to get comfort, even if it's just for some time. He wanted to forget everything.

Subi was feeling the same but she composed herself and and gestured him to come closer. Subi took Vikram in her embrace as he cried and cried for as long as he could. Subi didn't say anything. All she did was caressed his back.

Her tears were begging to come out, her heart was clenched but she didn't. She stood strong for her kids and Nirmaan. Even though she was broken, Subi always tried her best, not to cry in front of them. But when she was alone she would cry her heart out.

"Maa?", Vikram called her. Getting out of her embrace, he held both her hands and looked at her hopeful. Subi didn't say anything instead she just waited for him to speak.

"I know where your Nimbu is.." Vikram spoke, which was almost above a whisper. Subi's eyes went as big as saucers. Her heartbeat got fast. Every cell in her body was on alert. She wanted to rush from there and straight to her daughter.

"Maa?!", Vikram called her name out loud as she was just lost in her own thoughts and thinking of the ways to get to her daughter. "Huh??", she looked at him and asked, "where is she? Why didn't you bring her back? Why didn't you tell me before? We need to go now, I have to bring my daughter back.." , she was talking like a mad woman lost in her world and not even looking him.