Chp 4: Sparring

Bold is Latin (Angie and Peter’s “secret” language)
Italics is Sokovian
Bold Italics is Russian

*2 weeks later*
Me, Peter, Nat, Steve and Bucky headed to the sparring ring.
“Buck, you wanna go a round?” I called behind me as I put my stuff down on the bench.
“Uh....I’m scared to say yes...” Bucky answered.
Come on grandpa!” Bucky stepped into the ring. We started sparring. I landed a kick to the stomach, but he punched me in the side.
“Um...I like my mom to be alive, Uncle Bucky!” Peter called at him with a giggle. I had Bucky in a headlock, but I was like a foot shorter than him, so I had to jump on his back. He grabbed my waist and threw me over his head. I landed on my back with a loud thud.
“Holy fuck!” I groaned painfully.
“Language! Angie, your kid’s right here!” Steve said to me.
“Oh yeah, uh...Peter, don’t say fuck.”
“Okay motherfucker.” Peter was laughing uncontrollably and smiling the biggest smile you’ve ever seen. Then we were all laughing.
“Let’s get Angie versus Peter!” Nat said.
“No way! I don’t want to hurt my mom!” Peter said.
“You’re that confident you’d win, Petey?” I said, with a mischievous turn of my smile.
“Well, yeah. I mean I’m 5 foot 8 and your 5 foot 2. It’s kinda obvious old lady.”
“You should learn to respect your elders, boy!” I said.
“Yeah, Pete, you’re a dead man. She used to beat up my bullies with Bucky. And there were lots. Then she became a trained assassin and super solider. And her powers. Kid, you’re so dead. Maybe she’ll go easy because you’re her son?” Steve smiled.
“Genuine question though, why didn’t you get super tall and muscly like Steve and Bucky, Mom?” Peter asked.
“Well, um...we got different prototypes of the serum. Mine was more discreet. Never see me coming.” I must’ve looked sad, because Nat squeezed my shoulders and smiled. “Are we fighting or what? Are you too scared sweetie?”
“Oh you’re on!” Peter smiled and hoped into the ring. We squared off and Peter was getting help from everyone, yet still losing (even though I was going easy on him). Suddenly, Wanda walked in. I watched her walk across the room to the yoga mats. Peter took advantage of my distracted mind and kicked me off my feet, pinning me on my back.
“Ha! I did it! Whooo-hoo!” Peter was jumping and dancing. I took my eyes off Wanda and smiled up at Peter.
We need to talk. You are totally head over heels for Wanda!” Nat whispered, putting her arm around me as I stepped out of the ring.
You guys always seem to forget I can speak Russian. Anyway, you like Wanda, Angie?” Bucky came up behind us.
“She totally does. She was staring at her the whole time she was walking in. And she’s staring at her now!” Nat snapped her fingers in my face.
“I wasn’t! I don’t like her! I mean, she’s really nice and she’s really just absolutely gorgeous and she smells like cinnamon and apples which are a really nice pairing and-“ I was stopped by Bucky who put his hands on my shoulders and stared into my soul.
“Dude. You are so in love with her right now!” He laughed.
“Wait, my mom’s in love with who?” Peter looked confused and almost scared.
“No one baby!” I shot daggers at Nat and Bucky with my eyes. I turned to Peter. “How about you go shower, hmm? And sweetie take a binding break, please! You can wear one of my hoodies if you want.” (A/N: binding is a trans guy thing, binders are basically really tight sports bras {sorry to any other trans ppl being offended by this I didn’t rlly know how to explain it any different} they flatten someone’s chest in order to look more masculine.)