Chp 6: Avengers Family Dinner

Bold is Latin (Angie and Peter’s “secret” language)
Italics is Sokovian
Bold Italics is Russian
*TW: SLURS MENTIONED*

        “So, anything interesting anyone wants to share? Petey, how was school today?” Bucky asked. He’s always interested in whatever Peter has to say.
       “Um...it was..y’know, fine. Flash tried to beat me up in the locker room, but I used some of the manipulation tricks Auntie Nat taught me,” Peter said. “And there’s this new transfer girl.”
       “First off, Flash. I’m glad you used the manipulation tricks and not the fighting tricks,” I laughed. “But also, did he use those slurs again, sweetheart?”
       “Um....yeah.”
       “What? What happened? I hate it when you guys use Latin, I don’t understand it!” Bucky seemed genuinely concerned about Peter.
       “Well, this Flash guy likes to use transphobic and homophobic slurs against Peter for being trans. He says horrible things, like faggot, tranny, dyke, and he constantly calls Peter a girl. I’ve tried to bring it up with the school, but they never listen because what I say first is about the fight, and they always say they have fights under control, which they don’t.” I gritted my teeth. I just want to protect my son, and this little shit “Flash” comes over and acts like a dick. Several other people were visibly angry as well. Steve, Bucky, and Tony each looked like they were trying to find the right way to murder him and hide the body.
      “On a lighter note, what’s the transfer kid like, Pete?” Nat asked.
“Her name is MJ. She seems interesting, and she's super tall. I shpuld give her my number.”
       “Oooh, kid, do you have a crush?” I smiled at him. Peter gave me a death stare.
       “I know how taller people can make a person weak in the knees,” Bucky said, winking at Steve.
        “I like the ones with anger issues, they’re just more fun,” Nat squeezed Bruce’s hand.
        “Brunettes,” Pepper added.
        “I can agree with you on that one.” Steve grabbed Bucky’s hand.
        “I don't have a crush on her!" Peter whined.
        “Peter, you should definitely give this girl your number. She sounds like fun,” Pietro said. “Bring her over so we can all meet her. Just tell her your mom’s an Avenger.”
        “Yeah, hell no. And I dont have a crush on her!,” Peter laughed.
        “Watch your language, kid.” I raised my eyebrows at him. He smiled shyly. “But you should definitely give her your number. If you end up staying up really late texting each pther, youguys will be good friends.” Peter smiled.