Chp 9: Sleep all Round

Bold is Latin (Angie and Peter’s “secret” language)
Italics is Sokovian
Bold Italics is Russian

       Wanda pulled me along as we walked. I was still crying quietly and I was slumped against her shoulder.
       “Why do you love me? Im like a withered rose. Ugly and dead. I’m not worth it,” I sobbed.
       “You are worth it. And I love you because you are kind and beautiful. I love you, Angie.” Wanda took my face in her hands as she spoke. She wrapped me in a tight hug, and I forgot all my problems.

       I woke up with my head in Wanda’s lap, and her fingers tangled in my hair. Her right hand was laced with mine, and when she saw me awake, she brings my hand to her lips and kissed the top of my knuckles.
      “Good morning, sunshine,” she said with a giggle. I laughed with her.
      “Did you *yawn* sleep at all?” I asked her.
      “Not much, but enough. After a couple cups of coffee, I’ll be fine.” I sit up next to her and reach over to hold her face in my hand. She leaned her head into my shoulder and sighs.
       “How about you sleep?” I said.
       “No, I don’t want to. I’m fine, my watch says I got like 6 hours.” I furrowed my brows.
       “How long did I sleep for?” I asked.
       “About 10 hours, Ange,” she answered. My jaw hit the floor. 10 hours? I slept that long?
       “Sorry.”
       “What for?” Wanda laughed.
       “You couldn’t move for 10 hours!” I said incredulously.
       “Well, let’s just say I liked the view,” she said with a smile. “Now, c’mon, don’t you want to see Petey?” I got up and linked elbows with her. I let her lean her head on my shoulder as we walked, I could tell she was tired. She didn’t want to sleep, because she wanted to be with me, but in truth she was exhausted.

      When we got to the Med Lab, Peter was already awake. He was hyper as usual, but since he couldn’t bounce off the walls as he typically does (he literally jumps and swings wall to wall I’m not kidding), he was extremely hyper verbal. Bucky sat next to him, smiling and reacting as Peter explained each Star Wars movie and character individually. I looked at their hands, which were tightly clasped together. I smiled to myself. I was happy they were becoming closer. I could tell that Peter’s grip was tighter than Bucky’s, like he needed him, and to be honest, he probably did. He hadn’t seen his mother in a little over twelve hours, and the last time he saw her, she was yelling and kicking. He was scared.
       “Mom! Wanda! Haiiii!” Peter yelled, smiling. He would’ve gotten up and run to hug us both but he couldn’t, seeing as his ribs and arm (even with super human healing) wouldn’t be fully healed until tomorrow. He was hooked up to a heart monitor and an IV.
      “Hi sweetie. How are you feeling?” I asked.
      “Fine,” Peter answered flatly. “I’m bored. I was explaining Star Wars to Uncle Bucky.”
      “Very interesting saga,” Bucky said with a smile. I smiled back.
      “I can see he’s wearing you out, have you slept at all?” I said. Bucky had circles under his eyes and though his face was happy, his posture sagged.
      “Not much, no. But not because of him talking,” he replied. I could tell that the real reason was because he was worried about me and about Peter. “I enjoy hearing him talk.” I knew that was because since Hydra, Bucky was more introverted. He liked to listen more than he liked to speak. I looked back to their hands. Their fingers were still tightly laced together in a criss cross pattern. Me and Wanda took a seat on Peter’s left side. Wanda grabbed board games and cards, and we used the breakfast tray as a table. Peter demolished us in UNO, Monopoly, and Blokus, but I turned the tables at Labyrinth. Bucky easily won pinochle, mainly because Wanda and Peter didn’t know how to play, and I was pretty bad, and Wand won one round of The Game of Life.
       We played board games most of the day, until dinner where Steve cooked chicken. Bucky had to remind him that he could use seasonings, and Wanda showed them how to do it Sokovian style. It was spicy, but delicious. Steve had to practically carry Bucky to their bed, he was so tired. Wanda was too, so I sent her upstairs as well. I sat next to Peter and smiled as I watched his chest rise and fall.  It had been a nice day, all things considered. I was grateful for my family and my friends. I love them all.