Chp 10: Return to Hell. I mean school.

Bold is Latin (Angie and Peter’s “secret” language)
Italics is Sokovian
Bold Italics is Russian

       Peter’s friends came to visit him and share their notes and the homework with him. The girl he was talking about at dinner came, and I decided to leave them alone. I heard slight laughter and they talked for almost two hours, until MJ’s mom called her to come home. They were both smiling as she left.
       Peter was almost completely healed now. He was allowed to return to school, but we had to pretend he had a broken arm still, which wasn’t terribly hard, because the two fractures were still taking their time. He had a faint circle of a black eye, and his ribs still ached a little, but he wanted to go back to school.
      All Tuesday, I was very worried about him, but I didn’t want to worry too much, so I distracted myself with other things. I wanted anxiously with Bucky for Peter to come home. Then, at 2:46 pm, he was home. He didn’t have a sad expression or a happy one. His face was just sort of blank.
      “Peter? How was school?” I asked.
      “They called me Paige.”
      “What? Who?”
      “Flash. Jamie. Jacob. Some teachers.”
      “Oh my gosh, I’m sorry honey,” I ran over to him and hugged him lightly (because of his injuries). He started crying.
      “Why’d they call me that? What did you tell them?” he asked Bucky.
      “I didn’t tell them anything, kid, I promise.” Bucky bent down a little to look at Peter. “I would never do that.”
      “You are not going to that school. I’m pulling you out. Right now,” I said. Peter continued to cry.
       “My friends!” Peter replied. “What about them?”
       “I’m not their parents, I can’t make that decision for them. I’m sorry Peter.” I looked at the boy in my arms, and couldn’t help myself from seeing the one I picked up from the orphanage. Small, young, and worried. Compassionate, empathetic, and beautiful. What am I going to do?