Chapter 27

All of them made great progress, they're now trying to create waterballs.

Naruto is progressing at the same speed as Sasuke since he has more chakra and stamina to spare for training. While the others are taking a break, he's still in training.

After watching for half an hour, one of them finally noticed me.

I'm sitting on a tree trunk in an inconspicuous place.

Haku told the others that I'm here and they stopped whatever they were doing as I walked toward them.

"How's your training?" I asked even though I already knew it.
"Good" Kimimaro.

"Hmm. Kimimaro, Haku, and Jugo, you'll be attending the Academy starting tomorrow" They looked shocked at the unexpected news.

"Why did you tell it just now?" Jugo
"I forgot," I said

"Go home and clean yourself, I'll go buy ingredients..I'll cook for dinner," I said.
"Sasuke, join us..tell your mother that you'll be joining your friends for dinner" I added after remembering he doesn't live with us.

....
I bought ingredients for 9 people as Naruto eats a lot.
I went home and then cooked chicken soup and Rice with Fresh Fruit Juice.
The fruit I used looks like a watermelon but the juice tastes like Pineapple

In the middle of cooking, Sasuke arrived and joined the others sitting on the mat in my room.
After preparing everything in the shared kitchen of the apartment, I stored it in my storage and went to my room.

I changed the Study Table beside the bed into a short but wide table so everyone can use it while sitting on the mat, I placed it in the middle of the mat and put the food on it.

The Kids brought their utensils while Sasuke borrowed from Naruto.

----

The fulfilling dinner finished and Sasuke went home. I accompanied him to the Uchiha Resident's Gate.

The morning arrived, I accompanied the 3 oldest Kids to the Academy in my Adult Form as their Guardian while Naruto and Karin went to the lake for their daily training.

After watching the 3 kids enter the Academy Gate, I went to ask the Hokage for permission to visit the orphanage.

I went to the orphanage and saw the kids of various ages playing while some were cleaning.
I met and talked with the Matron of the orphanage for a while before walking around on my own, I rejected having a guide.
Btw, I'm still in my adult form.

In the backyard, I noticed 2 girls about 5-7 years old playing on a swing. They managed to catch my eye because of their unique hair color.

One has violet hair and the other has pink hair, They looked alike so they must be a twin but they seem to have contradictory personalities.

The violet-haired girl is a quiet type while the pink-haired girl is a jolly type which is obvious in how they play.

I called a caretaker and asked about them. The violet-haired girl's name is Airi while her twin sister is Aika.
Airi doesn't like interacting with other kids so Aika always accompanies her.
Their parents are Konoha Jonin who died on a mission and left them when they were still 2 years old.

I followed and observed them on my cat form the whole day and noted some of their special characteristics.
Airi has a low presence and is cautious, she can blend into her surroundings easily while Aiki is sociable and smart, She'll be good as an assistant while Airi is suitable as an assassin.

I feel close to them and something is urging me to take them.
'System, why do I feel like this?'
[It's the system's influence, those 2 kids will be useful for you in the future and their talent is comparable to the kids in a clan]

So I should adopt them? It's easier to control someone while they're still young but I feel like the apartment is turning into an orphanage of unique kids.

'If they are talented, why they didn't appear in the anime?'
[This is a Parallel Naruverse, there are some differences in people, timelines, Events, and personalities from the anime]

Before the night arrived, I shopped for food ingredients for Dinner and breakfast for tomorrow and then went home. I already notified the kids, including Sasuke that I'll be cooking for dinner.
As for their lunch earlier, it's Ramen.

Before going home, I visited the Hokage

"You got what you wanted in the orphanage?" he asked after seeing me.
"Yes, I found two girls I find likable. I want to adopt them"

"Sigh, you already adopted 5 kids when you were one yourself and now..you want to add another 2? There must be something unique about them," He said.

"Naturally, they won't enter my eyes if not"
and there are more in the future, There's still Sai whose whereabouts are unknown, and Sasuke who'll become an orphan later.

"Fine, do whatever you want as long as it won't hurt Konohas's interest. I'll arrange the adoption process tomorrow and you can get them in 2 days." The Hiruzen here seems to be different from what I know. This one was less cautious or maybe he's just hiding it.

He's better than what I thought of him but that won't change my opinion, at most. I won't let him die during the chunin exam but some injury is inevitable, the Hokage still needs to change.

"Thank you, then I'll be going now. I need to cook dinner for the kids." I said then went outside through the window, I'm in my cat form the whole time.

I went home and cooked Fried fish and a lot of rice, The juice I used this time was an orange that was twice the size compared to Earth's orange.

We had dinner in my room as they seemed to take a liking to the environment there. My room became the place where they spent their time.

"I adopted two 6-year-old girls earlier," I said abruptly and silence descended for a while Then noises appeared, being led by Naruto as he'll have a new 'sister'. He keeps asking me about them, what they are like, how they look..etc.

"Like today. Jugo, Kimimaro, and Haku will go to class while Naruto and Karin will train at the lake with Sasuke tomorrow. After school, you three join them on training." I said, ignoring their questions

I'll create a proper schedule for them after Airi and Aika start living here.
[Alert! Alert! Sai appeared in the village!] I suddenly heard in my mind.

'He's finally here? mark him for now, I'll get him later'
He should experience the Root's brainwashing first so it'll be easier to get his loyalty if I 'save' him from those bad guys.
I'll wait for at least a week before saving him

After realizing they wouldn't get any answer from me, they started talking about random things they encountered for an hour.

The kids washed the dishes in the Apartment's shared kitchen and then went to their respective rooms while I sent Sasuke home.

Only Naruto's room has its mini kitchen as it seems to be the room for the Apartment's Owner who died during the Kyuubi rampage. (This is a parallel Naruverse so there are changes.)