Chapter 29

'Activate the 1st badge'
I got the feeling of being pulled back as my surroundings swirled and when the feeling of dizziness disappeared, I found myself in a dilapidated village.

Looking carefully, it resembles Konoha but smaller and the architecture is older. Probably the village during Hashirama Senju's rule.
The badge on my hand disappeared.

I'm at the gate and it seems the moment I enter, the skeletons will start attacking me.

I first checked the position of the skeleton to determine which one would be able to attack first.

I entered and attracted the aggro of every skeleton within my sight. I only used taijutsu to fight, it might be listed as mastered on my skill list...but I haven't tested it in a real battle.

As expected, I made some mistakes at first but as time passes, it's noticeable that my moves became more refined and I could determine what the appropriate moves to make with the best result.

The mob skeletons varied from unarmed to swordsmen and archers. There is even a skeleton with farming tools.

When the last skeleton fell, I collected the loots which are their weapons.
I continued my way inside the village as the skeletons kept popping up on houses and alleyways.

I first walked around the village and killed every skeleton I found as it might affect the final reward.
Only the Skeleton Boss was left, located at the supposed place of the swing.

I'm determined to finish every dungeon without using any bloodline ability and jutsu.

I found a much larger skeleton with black bones, holding a sword and a shield.

Dungeon Boss: Argar
Rank: Mid Genin
Weapons: Sword and Shield
Ability: Stomp (1 min cooldown) - Once the boss stomps on the ground, the nearby enemies within 10 meters standing on the ground will get stunned for 3 seconds at most, the farther you are..the lower the effect.

I attacked immediately as the dungeon level was something I could finish easily.
The dungeon Boss is at most mid-genin while the mobs are mixed from low-genin to mid-genin, There might be some difference with the boss but it won't exceed the combat power of a genin.

(I'm not good at describing a battle)
I battled the boss with my taijutsu, the Butterfly Style, and decided to finish it as soon as possible.
I evade the boss's stomp by jumping every time it activates.

After the final hit, the time slows down, and 'loots' burst out from its body.

I collected it and found the large sword and large shield with a silver necklace, engraved with a skull.

Item: Underworld Necklace
Type: Accessory
Grade: Rare-s
Durability: Indestructible
Effect: Double the size of the wearer, doubling the strength and defense for 10 mins (12 hours cooldown)
Buff: 50% weight reduction

I looked around again as there might be a hidden boss or mechanics in here.
Finding nothing, I decided to leave

'System, leave h-'
I suddenly stopped as I noticed something weird on a tree. The tree belongs to a different kind than the others, it is not noticeable at first glance.

I went close to it and a prompt appeared.
[Would you like to open the hidden chamber?]

Damm it, looks like it's true that you might find the one you are looking for if you are not actively searching for it.

'Open'
The ground beside the tree suddenly hollowed out and a staircase appeared.

I walk through the stairs for 5 minutes before arriving in a 10x10 meters dimly lit room, In the middle sat a human-size skeleton with a great sword on its lap.

I haven't made the final step of the stairs so the skeleton isn't attacking me yet.

Dungeon Hidden Boss: Jirga
Rank: High Genin
Weapons: Greatsword
Ability: * Wind blade (30 secs cooldown) - generate wind blade by swinging the sword.
* Stomp.

So although the dungeon level is mid-genin, the hidden boss is stronger?
This skeleton probably has higher defense, punches, and kicks won't do much damage. Kunai or Dagger won't have that much effect.
I can only steal his greatsword and use it against the hidden boss.

I took the last step and the hidden boss suddenly stood up, it looked at me for a while then talked...wait, it talked?! how?! It doesn't have any vocal cords.
Then... telepathy? You know what? I should stop questioning the system's products.

"A living? haven't had one since 10 years ago" Probably a dungeon background
"You can understand me?" I asked, stupidly.

"I'm not like those mindless puppets outside..they just move on instinct."
"Then you would kill me?" It seemed to think a bit before answering.

"I would, although I'm conscious unlike the others..the instinct to kill the living is engraved on our bones." Hidden Boss
"Why not attack me immediately?" me

"It's rare to meet someone I can talk with, Let me play with you first. The scream of agony of the living is the best sound I've ever heard, You're a gift from the Underworld King for me." Huh? It's the system that sent me in here and I don't think the system is the 'underworld king'. A dungeon background?

"Looks like we can't have a civilized talk, then let's dance," I said as my hidden personality with the 8th-grader syndrome woke up.

Although I don't plan to let him go since it's a hidden boss, I'm willing to spend time talking with it before we fight.
A talking skeleton is quite interesting, as for this dungeon's background. I'm not interested.

I immediately attacked the hidden Boss
"Dragon Punch! Dragon Kick!" I shouted as I fought..dragon doesn't seem to fit my moves since I'm using a butterfly Style that relies on speed rather than strength, using soft but sharp moves.

Then...
"Dancing Shadow! Butterfly Knife! Wind kick!" I guess shouting names does make it more enjoyable.

When the boss is about to die, a red light appears on their body and his strength increases by 50%.
I continued attacking.

When the time slowed down, the hidden boss 'burst out' and turned into loots, It was then I realized what I had done.

Fortunately, there's no one else in here or I won't know where to bury myself.

"Damn it! It's embarrassing! I'm turning into a Chūnibyō! Gotta stop that before it becomes a habit" I mutter as I check my loots.

I got 3 pills.
Item: Cure Pill
Type: Food
Grade: Rare-s
Effect: Remove illnesses of the consumer.

Let's see..for Kimimaro and Itachi? The remaining one will be kept for emergency.

Item: Jirga's GreatSword
Type: Weapon
Grade: Epic
Damage: 7
Durability: 30/30
Defence: 7
Effect: Rage - Will consume the holder's blood to increase the strength of the body, the more blood you give..the more strength you receive. You can also let the sword absorb someone else's blood instead of yours to activate it.
Buff: +10 strength
Description: A great sword that went through thick or thin with Jirga and developed consciousness.

The hidden Boss's weapon have a name? The dungeon boss's weapons are just named Shield and Sword with Uncommon-s rank.