'peaches'

note: Your aren't a deputy in this. but there is going to be a fem deputy character in this, its not you though lol

You had been by Jacob Seeds side for as long a you can remember, you had been together since the 'project' had started. He never wanted you to be involved but it did peak your curiosity as Jacob would sometimes say, 'I don't know if he talks to God' which made you confused on why he would be part of this if he didnt think it was all true. Anyway, you did know about the veterans school... and locking people in cages, Yes you did think it was wrong but you'd rather be on his good side. So you'd bring proper food every so often to the scared and tired 'soldiers' he had locked away in his cages. You even gave them water to clean themselves and drink. So they trusted you a lot more and felt more safer with you around. But one night was very different.

You walked down from one of the offices to where the cages were, just to check up on wounds and that sort of stuff. As you approached the cages you see a new girl. You instantly knew who it was just by the outfit she was wearing. 'Deputy?' you ask crouching down to be at the same level as her, no response. The deputy was still knocked out cold from the bliss, so you put some food next to her and some water, got up and took a couple steps backwards.  You sigh walking to Jacob's office, you could tell he was in there by the lights being on. 

You knock on the door and say in a calming tone, 'love? can i come in?' You can hear him talk to someone for a second and then hear his massive combat boots hit the floor coming towards the door. The door opens, as he gives you a small smile and kisses your forehead. 'do you need something y/n?' Jacob then says walking back into his office. you follow him and sit on the chair on the opposite side of his desk. 'Yeah i wanted to ask about the dep-' you start to explain, but cut yourself off when you hear slight movement from the corner of the room. You look over and see a young guy in his mid twenties, covered in maybe his own blood maybe others. He has his head dropped low so you couldn't properly see his face. He didnt look like he was in the right state of mind. You could tell that he must of known the deputy somehow as they had the same clothing on.

'Jacob... who is that?' You ask worriedly as he looks like he can barely stand straight. 'oh, He's just a new soldier I'm training right now, isn't that good really.' Jacob says replying to your question, almost gritting his teeth at his last words. You get up and walk over to him, The man tries to step back but cant because of the wooden wall. 'its alright, I'm y/n... I'm not gonna hurt you.' you say trying to be as kind and supportive as you could be to a man so scared. 'He'll be fine y/n, dont bother.' Jacob says almost annoyed that your even trying to talk to him. You look over at him glaring that he would say that to you. You ignore what He has to say and takes the young mans hand slightly pulling him to the chair you were sat on, He hesitates but doesn't have time to pull away as your now practically pushing him to the seat before he falls over. You hear Jacob sigh as he goes back to his planning for the next step of Eden's gate. You grab the water and tissue that Jacob has on his desk and dampens the tissue with the water, then puts the bottle up to the mans mouth as he drinks probably half the bottle in a few seconds. He removes his lips from the bottle and smiles at you as a thank you, You then place the tissue on his face rubbing away the dirt and dried blood that had been on his face for days. After about 10 mins you stand back up and put the tissue into the bin and smile at him.

A few days have passed since you met the mysterious man in Jacobs office. Jacob let him follow you around and guard you when Jacob couldn't. He did start talking to you but he had difficulty as he had an infection in his throat that you were treating him for. After you had tended to all of the others in the cages you brought him into the infirmary wing on the centre and said, 'come sit on one of the beds.' He happily obliged sitting on the pure white bed and getting comfy. you sit down next to him on one of the stools as you look in the cupboards for antibiotics. 'so... i told you my name a few days ago, tell me yours. he looked at you and said finally, 'Staci Pratt... but Jacob calls me 'peaches'.' you giggle to yourself as you say, 'we have a dog called peaches, well a wolf really. Jacob was training a pack of wolves and one of them just wouldn't leave me alone. so I took her home and when Jacob got home... well he was surprised to see me cuddled up with a wolf on our bed. Then I named her peaches because me and Jacob caught her eating peaches she had stolen from some of the Peggy's.' Staci smiled and said. 'I'm guessing its the hair that made him think of that then' You laugh as you find the antibiotics, giving him one of the tablets and some water and reply. 'yeah probably, well He will probably become softer towards you soon Staci, He did the same to me and peaches.'

As you finish talking you hear a car drive through and park next to the building, you then hear your radio go off, hearing Jacob. 'where are you y/n?' You grab your radio and say, 'in the infirmary.' A few seconds later He comes through the door, walks up to you and puts his arm around your waist and kisses your cheek. 'You ready to go home?' he asks looking tired and drowsy. 'Yeah i am, you can stay in here tonight if you'd like? no one will walk in here during the night.' you ask looking at Staci as he smiles and says, 'yeah i will, thank you y/n.' You smile back as Jacob is at the door waiting for you, you start walking and before you go out the door you say, ' theres a spare radio in the draw next to you if you need to reach me or Jacob.' 'thank you' he reply's. you smile and say.

'Goodnight, peaches.'