Chapter 3- Two cops on the case

Somewhere within camp thriller, at the archery area. Two cops fought with the undead. One by one. They shot the zombies in the head. Using their hand gun. A berretta model 92. Carefully preserving some ammo. For skeletons, they just used their melee attack. By bashing them. While also saving some survivors. Some campers, and councilors. Able to make it out in one piece.

George's POV

We came here to investigate this place. The recording on the phone lead us here. It was the only clue it gave us from the chief. By the time we got here and parked within the camp. There was no one we could find to talk to. So me and my partner Greyson try to find anyone that works here and gather info. Finding the scout master is the only person we could talk to. And we couldn't find anyone. All I see is some campers in their cabins. Probably getting ready for something to go have fun. Our search didn't last long.

When we arrived in the little camp store, we heard a scream. Inside the camp store. Me and Greyson rushed in the store. Once we saw why a man is screaming. We a man with a chainsaw, trying to kill one of the camp councilors. When we told him to freeze, we made a shocking discovery. The man turned around, it revealed to us that this man is not alive. Or dead. He's a zombie. Of course we open fire. We dodged the first cleave of the chainsaw. My partner Greyson was able to disarm him by shooting one of his arms. When his left arm came off, he dropped the chainsaw. I finished off the zombie by shooting him in the had.

With that, the zombie has fallen. We asked one of the councilors about why was there a zombie here at the camp? He doesn't have any clear answer, which is expected. Afterwards we tell him to leave this place, and find anyone here to get out of here. And he did.

With that, we also try to find anyone responsible for this. Little did we know, this case is going to be difficult then we thought.

Greyson's POV

Damn. I didn't think this case would turn out like this. But it is chief's orders. He gives us the case, we crack it. But in this instance. This is too big where my actual mission given by them comes in. I don't know why they didn't give me the whole details. But it could be they must had found some paranormal activity coming from this place. So they were told. But it seems that they might had been right all along. But when that brief flash caught us off guard. We had to shield our eyes. When we uncovered them. Everything looked different.

Something tells me whoever did this, must had sent us into a place that looked like a spooky Halloween camp. Except we would be facing actual zombies, and skeletons. Or worse.

No POV

Jacob and Emma looked at the whole campground before them. Barely any green grass, or leaves on the trees. Solid dirt ground looked the same, but the reddish brown dirt gives off the eerie atmosphere. Like their transported to another dimension.

"Is it just me, or did something changed?" Emma said with a worried look. "I think it did. That means we need to find ourselves a sanctuary." Jacob said. "But where?" Emma asked. "If I remember right, I did remember seeing a mess hall. Last I checked. The inside looks big enough for any survivors like us to rest." Jacob describes the structure of the mess hall. Emma finds his idea a good one. It is the only option they have.

"So how far away is it?" Emma asked. Jacob pulls out his map. Jacob points the spot he and Emma are at right now. "Let's see, we're right there. We walk our way throughout the path to the campsite. Passing a few cabins, we'll have to check for any survivors. Once we see the shore where that little building is. Which is where the boat house is. And finally, we walk to the big area where we discuss camp activities. Their should be some steps. And here we are." Jacob said.

"That's far." Emma said. "Its our only chance. Once we made it, we can relax." Jacob said. "Well, alright. Let's do this." Emma raises her frying pan. And so, Emma and Jacob rush to the mess hall. Once they arrived at the spot where a few cabins are. They see the zombies banging on the doors. Jacob gestures Emma to give him the frying pan. So she did.

Jacob taps the zombie's shoulder. "Excuse me. As soon as the zombie turns his head. Jacob smacks it with the frying pan, making a bonking noise. Banging on the door isn't polite." Jacob said. Jacob turns to see another one was coming for Emma. "Emma!" Jacob throws the frying pan to Emma. Emma tries to catch it in a panic. She finally grabs it, and whacks the zombie before the zombie could make its move. Knocking one down.

Jacob knocks on the door. "Hello? Is anyone okay in there?" Jacob called for whoever is in the cabin. Waiting for a response. "Yes? Who is it?" A female consular responded. "My name is Jacob Scott. The camp councilor. And someone with me is Emma Daisy, the same." Jacob replied.

The door is opened. The female camp councilor emerged. With three campers with her. Shivering in fear. "What a relief, I thought I was the only one left." She said. "Well miss, I had a feeling there could be more that's still hanging on to their dear lives. I prey we're not too late." Jacob said. "No worries, a few managed to escape. Before things got different. Now, we can't escape." She said. "Huh? What do you mean we can't escape?" Emma wondered.

One of the campers spoke up. "There's this bright light. And the next thing." The male camper said. "The whole place is now scary, like its in the twilight zone." The female camper finished.

Jacob and Emma looked at each other with a worried look. Then turn their focus back to the councilor. "So are you saying, we're trapped?" Jacob assumes. "I'm afraid so. I even saw one of the councilors tried, but something is blocking our way. Like if there's some barrier preventing our escape." She said. "So what do we do?" A male camper wondered in question. "Me and Emma are heading to the mess hall. Its the only place I could think of. I don't think you might not be safe in the cabin for long. The mess hall is your only chance." Jacob said.

"Then take this. She gives Jacob the flare gun. I found this in a tool shack. In case of emergency. If you made it to the mess hall, and the path is clear. Give us the signal." She instructs him. Jacob nodded his head. "Will do. What's the state for the other cabins?" Jacob motions his head, referring to the other two cabins. "There's only campers. So far, no casualties." She said. "That's good." Emma said in relief. "Then we'll hurry on to the mess hall. Just sit tight, and hang in there." Jacob said. "Be careful you two." She said, and closed the door.

"Let's go." Jacob said. Jacob and Emma proceeds to walk on the pathway to the boathouse.

Their walk was so far good. No sign of any threats. They were able to reach the shores, and made it to the boathouse. Jacob looked towards the lake. And he can see the mess hall from there. It looked pretty far. Then he finds a boat. Pretty convenient, almost too convenient. He started to get a bad feeling that if he were to try and take a shortcut. There's a chance something below the waters is going to pounce on anyone on the boat.

Then he looks at the alternative path. Which it seems like its the woods. Which may also be dangerous. Emma gets the same feeling as well. "So which way do we go?" Emma asked. Good question. Which way? Jacob and Emma knows its a bit dangerous. But the bigger question is: What's more dangerous, and less difficult to get to the mess hall?

Ether way, their going to have to think real fast. But the hand emerging from the water interrupted them. Jacob and Emma got taken aback by a sudden interruption. As the hand pulls itself up. Fully revealing the creature. They look to see its a sea monster. A mix of a person and a fish. Armed with a harpoon spear. Letting out its roar.

George's POV

After leaving the camp store, and rescuing one the councilors. We went onward throughout the camp. Or more like an inverted version. I was baffled to see the state its in when some light flashed. Just what the hell is even going on here? And if that's not enough. we looked to see a big area in the distance. And I looked to see there's a building. But its going to be a little walk to get here. "George, I see some survivors. Look." My partner told me.

So I look to where he's facing. I see a lake, and when I looked carefully. I see some some survivors. That means there may be a chance more are still here. "Then let's- Before I could finish, I see something that caught my eye. And it doesn't look good. Something emerged from the water. And its armed. About to attack them. We need to act fast.

"George, you go investigate that building. Ill go rescue the survivors." No time to lose or debate. My partner rushed off to help the survivors. So much for telling him not to split up. But he already ran. So I raised my gun to prepare for what's waiting? And head straight to that building up in a little hill.