Chapter 4- A stroll in the forest

George ran up the steps, and reached to the entrance of the mess hall. He slowly opened the door, and peeked inside. So far, he sees nobody. He fully opened the door, while keeping his guard up. Gripping on the gun to prepare himself for anything that would try to make a jump on him. He steps inside to take a look around the mess hall.

Clauneck's POV

I had finally finished setting up shop. Got my cards all good to go for my cards. Now I do wonder what kind of currency would they use? If they have a different kind of money they could use in their own world I am currently in. I think ill keep them as a souvenir. After all, if it looks like its their way to use money. Ill take it. Or if they find something nice that catches my eye. Ill gladly accept their gift. Now I sit quietly, relaxing. Hearing only silence in my ears.

But alas, it seems I heard some footsteps. Would that mean we have a new guest that like to stick around? Let's see what fates tell me. The steps gotten louder, until I see the source of the noise. I look to see someone. Wearing some nice clothing. The figure took notice of me. And he backed up a bit. Like he saw something that he has never seen before. Can't say I blame the fellow who is frightened of my tall appearance.

"Stay right where you are! This man said while pointing something at me. I realized this is a weapon. Don't do anything, whatever you are." He speaks in a hostile tone. Just as I was about to calm this fellow down. The two lads rushed to my rescue, and stood in his way between him and me. "Wait, sir." Eddy said. "Don't shoot, he's didn't do anything." Mason said next.

I see two brothers named Eddy and Mason kept yelling, telling him I mean no harm. They kept going until this man raised his hand. "Hold on, hold on. Two brothers went quiet. This thing is harmless?" George said with a confused look. "Well, an owl actually." Eddy said.

"What?" George said, now even more confused.

George's POV

This tall thing is an owl? Now I am even more confused. Well since I started to get a look at it. I think I see some owl features. I don't know if those arms are feathers or wings. But who is he anyway? He looks like some sort of shopkeeper. Displaying some cards. Are those tarot cards? Well it don't matter. Right now I need to ask the two boys a question.

"Okay, before I need to ask some important question. Let me tell you right away, that I'm here to help. I'm a police. I showed them my badge that I took out from my coat. My name is George." I tell them. They examined the badge. Their eyes wide and look at me with a face that their happy for a cop like me is here to help them out. "A cop? Oh thank goodness." Eddy said. "See? I knew this man we saw were the cops. I was right." Mason bragged. "You mean we, were right?" Eddy smirked. Yeah, whatever. But darn it, if only Russell and the others stick around a bit. Before someone like him arrived." Mason said.

That alone got my attention. Don't tell me. "Others? You mean there are more survivors that managed to make it here?" I urged them for an answer. "Uh, yes." Mason said. "Where are they now?" I asked them. "They went to the forest. Me and the two boys name Mason and Eddy turn to the owl. On a quest, to gather the information. Maybe their stroll would lead them to find something, or meet another by the hands of fate." Clauneck said.

My concerns for the other survivors has grown even great. Realizing their out gone on their own. If they happen to be one of the campers. "Oh, shit." Was all I can say.

No POV

The three teens tread in this forest, and stood there. Scanning around the forest with their eyes.

Forest music:

To start with, there's some mist. A chilly breeze to add the atmosphere. Some trees looked decayed, some is still a little green. They do see some bones, and bodies laying around. But couldn't quite figure out if its the same undead they fought, or if its one of the people from the camp. The zombified hand can be seen walking with their fingers.

Making the three teens shiver a bit. Ether their scared, or their just cold.

"This place looks like an undead playground. Pretty basic don't you think?" Alex said. "I hope its just the undead we have to worry about. If we have to face anything worse like the demons I don't know if we'll make it out of here." Sophie said, filled with concern and frightened look.

"Well, it should be start. There has to be a clue or anything that could give us any answer, or something we need to do to get out of this strange world." Russell said. "Let's try to be careful with something we could bump into. Best to think before we act." Alex said.

"I second that." Russell agrees with Alex. "Me too." Sophie chimed in.

And their off into the forest. The three stick together in a line. Russell is up front, armed with a bat, Sophie is in the middle, And Alex is at the end. They walked on, and on they go within the path on the ground they stayed. Not risking to stray from it.

So far so good for them. They continued on their way. Only a minute later, Sophie saw something that made her curious. "Hey, guys." Sophie said to get their attention. Russell and Alex stopped in their tracks. "You see something Sophie?" Russell asked. "I do, look." Sophie points at something she sees. Russell and Alex look to Sophie's direction. They see something pretty odd. A door. They walked a little for a closer look. "Hey, its some kind of a door to a catacombs." Alex said. The three went to check out the old wooden door.

"Do other campgrounds out there had catacombs? Russell wondered. "I highly doubt it, there's not way they would." Alex said. "Does it have anything we need to know about what's what?" Sophie assumes. "Only one way to find out." Russell opens the wooden door.

"Ladies first?" Alex offered to let Sophie enter first. "You two go on, ill stay behind you guys. You'll never know if something could sneak up on us." Sophie replied. "Right, we'll keep our eyes and ears open up front." Russell said. Russell enters first, then Alex, and Sophie comes in last.

They walked a tunnel path of the catacombs. Going down the steps, passing by some spider webs hanging on the walls. At the end of the steps, they stumble upon what seems to be a room. Or someone's grave. The whole area has some fancy old things.

Empty suit of armor, rusted medieval weapons such as the sword. And let's not forget, piles of bones. Some look they share are ether a curious look, or an astonished look.

"Whoa, look at this place." Russell said while looking around. "And this stuff. Cool, medieval stuff." Alex said with amazement. "I remember how I admired my house had some medieval decorations and displays." Sophie said to herself. "What is it?" Alex asked. "Oh nothing, I just wondering if there's any medieval books somewhere?" Sophie changed the subject fast.

Which only made Alex interested in finding some. "Oh I hope. I bet it has some of the epic stories of dragons and sorcery." Alex said. "Hey guys, looks what I found." Russell called. Alex and Sophie go catch up with Russell. "What's up?" Alex asked. "Check this out." Russell said.

Alex and Sophie look at where Russell is staring at. They see he found a book on a pedestal. Alex eyes starts to beam up. "Well what do ya know, a book." Alex said. "Let's go see." Sophie said. The three went to the book, as soon as Russell was about to open the book. A sounds of crash is heard. Which made the three jolt to the source of the sound.

"Holy crap!" Alex said. Followed by the sounds of bones crackling. "Uh, guys?" Sophie holds her bag. Then there's sounds of armor clinging. While some footsteps are heard from where they entered. Russell starts to arm himself. Alex does the same with a kitchen knife.

Then all at the same time, two figures emerge.

When they all faced at the three, then eventually at each other

When they all faced at the three, then eventually at each other. Stood silent for a few moment. And then. "HUH?!" Everyone reacted by jumping back. "What-" Said Alex "The-" Said the skeleton knight. "FUCK!?" Said the teen owlette.

Meanwhile back at the mess hall

George was pacing back and forth. Very worried about the three campers that went out on their own. "Their gone too long, I'm gonna go look for them." George said. "Do you know how far they could had gone?" Clauneck asked him. "No, but I have to hurry." George replied. "Hold on, what do we do about this whole place? We need more help we can get." Mason said.

"I have a partner with me, we will handle things from here." George said. "What about the councilors? They can help too, heck maybe even us. I know some are afraid. But after Sophie, Alex, And Russell helped us. I think were both motivated to help. We just have to work together. Two cops can't do it alone you know." Eddy argued.

Before George could argue back. A loud noise in the kitchen is heard. They realized someone or something is inside. They all looked at each other. And went to find who made that noise? "Stay here." George orders them. "We want to see it, so we're going." Eddy said. "Like it or not, you might need our help." Mason insist. George sees they can't take a no for an answer. He gives up and lets the two boys tag along. "Alright, alright. But stay close." George said.

"Yes sir." Mason said. "Roger." Eddy said. George slowly opens the door. Raising his handgun. They tip toed in the kitchen. Mason gets out his flashlight from his pocket, and turns it on. They look from left to right as they walk. Then something is heard dropped to the ground. Mason points to where that sound is made. As they slowly walk. They see a door to the storage closet opened. George gives them the shush gesture.

They slowly walked towards the storage. Suddenly, something emerge out of the storage closet. Mason flashed the light to whoever is pulling something.

They see a, living stuff toy? It dropped a box of cookies, and  looked in their direction

They see a, living stuff toy? It dropped a box of cookies, and looked in their direction. And she says. "Hi." She greets. Making them tilt their heads in utter confusion.