Chapter 17. Double, double, toil and trouble.

Everleigh pulled her dress down in a meek attempt to cover her overexposed thighs, but the damage was done.
Natsai was not going to believe any lie she came up with.

Her friend closed the door of the room after Sebastian had disappeared through it and they stared at each other for what it felt like an eternity.
Natsai crossed her arms over her chest.

— So... — She spoke with a playful tone, her expression practically dripping amusement. — Did you want to talk about what just happened?

— Nothing happened. — Everleigh responded with bitterness as she rubbed the back of her neck, fixing her hair and refusing to hold her best friend's gaze. — What were you going to tell me that was so important?

After a few seconds of consideration, Natsai finally decided to let go of the matter. At least for the time being. A slow smirk appeared on her face.

— I found Garreth. Coming from the girl's dormitory. — The two of them exchanged a look before Natty kept talking, meaningfully. — The Slytherin girls's dormitory.

Silence again. And then Everleigh gasped, forgetting momentarily about the fact that Sebastian Sallow had almost made her come mere minutes ago.

— You don't think he is seeing anyone from Slytherin, do you?

— I'm open to speculate but I will definitely be asking hard questions tomorrow morning over breakfast. — The smile seemed to falter on Natsai's face and she paced inside the room, seeking to lean on Everleigh's desk as she thought carefully about her words. — So, you and Sallow...

Her mind traveled quickly to him.

His intoxicating cologne and his presence. The lingering sensation of his fingers stroking her in between her thighs. The warmth of his mouth on the skin of her neck and how skillful his movements had been. Everleigh didn't remember reaching her climax so shamefully fast with Phelan. It would take the Gryffindor Keeper a long time to get her near an orgasm. Sometimes she hadn't achieved it at all, cursing herself for being so difficult and frustrating both of them.

And then Sebastian bloody Sallow prodded her over her underwear and she was nearly shattering in minutes. Perhaps it had been such a long time since the last time she had someone touched her like that and she had silently craved it without knowing.
That was what Everleigh told herself.

— I'm not sure I want to talk about it. — She mumbled, eyes pulling away from Natsai's perceptive stare. — I think I'm just going to go to bed. I have to wake up early tomorrow to study.

— Did you want to meet at the library?

— Sure. — Everleigh nodded once softly, the shame still corroding through her. — I'll be down there at 8 o'clock.

Natty kept looking at her, like she was trying to determine if it was worth pushing her to share what had happened that night. But she didn't bring the subject up again. She tilted her head, humming something and wished her goodnight before leaving the room.
The silence she left behind was deafening.

And in the quietness of her room, all Everleigh could think about was Sebastian on her against the wall.
He had left without uttering a word. Did he regret it?
Heaven's sake.

Did she?

After what happened, their relationship would shift. It would be awkward to look at each other. To be near one another. Especially if they had to pretend in front of the entire school that they were together.
Should she seek for him and try to save face? Pretend that his hand between her legs was something they could both forget and move past from?