chapter four | forgive and forget...eventually

LAST NIGHT WAS not what Y/n was expecting. She wasn't even going to bring anything up, but it was brought up anyway, all because Taylor had to talk about it. Sure, Y/n could have changed the subject, but she was upset. Since she got home that night, she wondered if she was too harsh and left too soon without hearing her out.

Now, she sat in the empty store, thinking the same thing.

She thought about texting her to apologize for leaving so quickly. It didn't take long for her to decide that Taylor should be the one to apologize first. She is the one who brought it up in the first place.

Y/n sat behind the counter, quietly waiting for the customers to arrive, with Elvis enjoying his few days off, which left Y/n and Amy to do all the work till he could come back to work. She'll have to train her soon. "Y/n, is there anything you need me to do?" Amy asked as she approached the counter.

"I don't think so."

"So you wouldn't mind if I went to rehearse with my band?"

This was news to Y/n. She never knew that Amy was in a band. She should talk to her co-workers more often. "Yeah, you can go. I got everything covered here." She replied with a grin. As Amy was leaving, the one person she didn't want to see was making her way in.

In all honesty, she didn't think Taylor would try talking to her after last night. She was interested in finding out where this conversation was going.

"Y/n, can we talk, please?" Taylor questioned as she entered the store. Although Y/n was curious about what she could have to say, she was not speaking to her right now. "What happened last night shouldn't have happened at all."

That was something Y/n could agree with, and the nod she gave showed that. She stared at her, wanting to know what she could say next. "I was wrong and I'm sorry, like really sorry." There was a sincere tone in her voice, Y/n could tell she was serious but she wasn't going to say anything. "Will you please talk to me?"

"Taylor, go away."

Those two words hurt her, but she respected it. She sadly nodded before making her way toward the door, she opened it but looked back at her with one more thing to say. "You're still my best friend, I didn't mean to hurt you." She then left the store, leaving Y/n alone to sit with her words.

She had to talk to someone for advice, maybe she could talk to Andrea.

Once Y/n's lunch break had rolled around, she sat on the floor near the romance section. She had read the first book she picked up which was The Summer of Broken Rules by K.L. Walther, it was a book full of references to Taylor and her music. Ironic isn't it? She was waiting for Andrea, and she was the best at giving advice.

She texted her about ten minutes ago. Andrea should be arriving soon.

After a few chapters had been read, the bell above the door rang. Andrea had arrived or a customer had walked in. Y/n shut the book and put it back on the shelf, soon standing up to go talk to who she thought was Andrea.

When she reached the counter, she quickly realized that it wasn't who she was expecting. "What are you doing here?" She questioned curiously yet angrily.

"I'm here for you," Taylor responded, cautiously approaching her friend. She saw the look on her face, immediately noticing the upset expression. Y/n wasn't telling her to leave though, she saw that as a good sign. "I have two shows coming up soon and I don't want to leave afterward knowing my best friend is mad at me."

It was clear that the blonde wouldn't take no for an answer. She knew what her mission was, she wouldn't stop till it was accomplished. "You left me with no problems before." Y/n retaliated, a tone of hurt coming out.