chapter twelve | forgive again

IT'S BEEN DAYS since she's talked to Taylor. She had a concert tonight. She planned to watch a livestream, but she couldn't bring herself to do it. Although she was okay enough to work, she couldn't look at Taylor right now.

As of now, the store is pretty empty. She had a chance to sit back and relax before someone else needed help.

The only people working today were Y/n and Elvis. That was something she was used to. She sat in the employee lounge, eating her lunch and reading a book on her phone. A few paragraphs later, she started getting texts from Andrea, Jack, and Aaron. She's been ignoring texts and calls from them for a few days now.

It hurt her too much to talk to them.

"You can't ignore them forever, you know." Elvis pointed out as he joined her in the breakroom. She knew he was right, but she just wasn't ready yet. "Sure, her reaction wasn't the best, but you've forgiven her before." He explained, soon stealing one of her fries.

"I know, it just hurts." She spoke, trying to find the right words. "She's never run away from me before."

He nodded in an understanding manner and let her talk about it. That was the best he could do for her right now; just let her talk it out. The memory played over and over in her head; one might say it haunted her. That was something Elvis noticed immediately.

After five minutes of ranting, she seemed to have finally calmed down. "Feel better now?" He questioned curiously.

Y/n nodded and then stood up to throw her trash away. "Just a little bit. I know it's a process, so I'll be fine." She reassured with a slight grin.

"Good. Now, we have a shift to finish, boss." He spoke proudly, and then the two walked out of the employee lounge together.

The past couple of days haven't been super easy for Taylor either. She's been pretty distracted. All she could think about was Y/n's confession; she could have said or done anything else, but she didn't.

She ran away.

She had a show in a few hours, and she couldn't go on stage when she was this distracted. So she called her friends to talk about it; she hoped that would help. "Honestly, I'm shocked you even reacted to a confession of love like that," Selena admitted, soon receiving nods of agreement from everyone else.

"It's just so unlike you," Ed said, making his opinion known.

Since it happened, Taylor could only think about Y/n and how she must be feeling. She just knew that she was hurting; it killed her knowing that she had caused it again. She promised that she'd never do that again, yet she did. She had to own up to that.

She had to speak to her.

If she were being honest, everything Y/n said sounded similar to how she was feeling. She knew she should have told her that, but fear got in the way. Now, she may have lost someone so important to her because of it. "How do I fix this?" Taylor asked, looking for any bit of help.

"You know what you have to do, honey," Andrea said as she entered the room. Taylor looked over at her, asking her to elaborate. "Remember when we got here and you went to that one little shop, and then you came back and told me about your feelings for Y/n?"

"That happened?" Joe questioned curiously. Andrea was quick to confirm before Taylor could nod in response, and then it hit her. She knew what to do.

"I have something to do; I'll talk to you guys later." Taylor quickly ended the call and looked over her plans for tonight's show. She had some things to change and a plan to make.

After Y/n and Elvis closed the shop for the day, they sat in the employee lounge and chatted about their day. He even helped her decorate her office between customers. That helped her forget about her pain for a little bit.

For the past few minutes, she's gotten multiple FaceTime calls from Andrea, and that wasn't helping at all. It just reminded her of Taylor and the fact that she ran away.

As Y/n began to speak, her phone rang again. It was Andrea again. At this point, it was starting to get annoying. She took a deep breath and then accepted the call, soon seeing Andrea's face pop up on her phone screen. "What is it, Andrea? I'm not in the mood to talk about what happened." She admitted. It took a second, but she noticed that she was at Taylor's show.

"Just watch and listen," Andrea replied and then flipped the camera around. Taylor was on stage, and the crowd was cheering after the first surprise song had ended.

She was preparing for the next song by saying the speech that she had prepared days ago. Y/n didn't know what was going to happen next.

"I'm going to be honest with you; I had a completely different song prepared, but there's something I have to do." She started, soon earning confused noises from the crowd. No one knew what was going on; only Taylor and Andrea did. "Last week I was in Pennsylvania, and I reconnected with my best friend, someone very special to me. Things were great, but then something happened, and I reacted in a not-too-great way." She began to tear up, soon wiping away her tears. Y/n was embarrassed; a whole crowd was about to know what happened between them. "She confessed something to me, and I freaked out and ran away, but tonight, I'm going to make this right. This is my way of saying I'm sorry, and I love her more than anything."

The second Taylor played the first chord on the piano, the crowd cheered excitedly. Y/n knew what song it was once she heard the first lyric. "Down the block, there's an antique shop." She sang and looked out at the crowd, soon looking in Andrea's direction. She was looking at the phone to look at her.

Y/n shifted her attention from the phone to Elvis with a shocked expression on her face and tears in her eyes. He was just as shocked as she was, if not more. They knew that she had to go see Taylor.

It was a five-hour drive, but it would be worth it. She'd get a hotel and see her tomorrow. "I'm on my way, Andrea! I'll see her tomorrow." She announced and then ended the call.

She had a long trip ahead of her, and Elvis decided to join.

The two made it to Foxborough around 3:30 a.m. that night. Once they got to their hotel room, they caught up on sleep and ate when they could. Now,  Y/n was waiting in Taylor's room for her to return. After the surprise songs at tonight's show, Andrea got back quick enough to let her in and went back to the stadium.

That was an hour ago, though. The last time she heard, they were on their way back.

If she were being honest, she was nervous to see Taylor but excited at the same time. At that moment, Taylor opened the door to find Y/n sitting on the bed. "I got your message," Y/n said with a smile as she stood up.

The sight of her was enough to make Taylor smile. She quickly approached her, pulling her in for a kiss and picking her up to spin her around. She then put her down and looked at her once they pulled away. "I thought you'd never speak to me again after what I did." She admitted.

"I wasn't going to, but then I heard your speech. I had to see you."

Her smile grew wider, and then she pulled her into a tight hug. She didn't want it to end; she was afraid that Y/n would disappear if she let go. "I love you so much, Y/n," Taylor spoke happily and pulled out of the hug, soon holding Y/n's hands and keeping eye contact with her.

"I love you so much more, Taylor."

"So, will you be my girlfriend?"

"What do you think?" She asked before pulling her into a kiss this time. That was enough for Taylor to know her answer. For the rest of the night, the two cuddled, kissed, watched their favorite show, and told everyone that they were together. Well, they didn't announce anything publicly.

For now, they wanted to enjoy each other's company.

————————
brooke speaks!

there's one chapter
left! hoping there's
no mistakes, i ran
this trough two
different spell
checkers and things.