chapter five | a favor

Y/N ENDED UP staying the night with Taylor in her hotel room. They used their night together to fill each other in on their lives, for real this time. They weren't going to fight at all. Between chatting, they would watch a show together like they originally talked about. It reminded them of when they were younger and had sleepovers at each other's houses. They did that till they fell asleep around 4 AM.

It was now 8 AM and Taylor was out getting breakfast for the two of them, and Y/n was still sleeping.

Taylor made it back to the hotel just as Y/n was beginning to wake up. "Good morning, sleepy head," Taylor spoke happily. She placed the bag of food on the table and began removing it from the bag. "I thought I'd let you sleep in and I got us some breakfast."

"What time is it?" Y/n questioned as she sat up and grabbed her phone. At some point that morning, Taylor had put her phone on charge and stopped by Y/n's house to get her a change of clothes, she got the address from her mother. She even got everything she needed for work. She saw the time and quickly began to freak out. "I'm late for work!" She panicked but Taylor was quick to calm her down.

"I've handled it." She reassured only to get a confused look from Y/n. This was something she should have mentioned first. "They know you'll be going in later than usual, I called them." She explained

Y/n nodded before she was given her favorite breakfast sandwich. "Well, that's nice of you then." She spoke, soon sitting on the bed and eating her sandwich. "So I take it that you're taking me to work then?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I was wondering if you'd do me a favor to help the shop out a bit." Taylor looked at her curiously, wondering what she had in mind. She most likely would have done it anyway, but she had to know what she was getting herself into. "Do you think you could perform for the people that show up? I know you have a concert coming up on Friday but this could benefit you too if you think about it."

"If I agree to this, what do I get in return?"

"I'll make you dinner."

She thought about it for a second before agreeing. The topic was quickly changed and they ate the rest of their breakfast.

The announcement posts have been made and flyers were put up around town. They were expecting lots of people to show up for this special event. Taylor was currently setting everything up while Y/n was helping a customer. She quickly sent Amy over to help Taylor just in case she needed it.

After a few minutes, everything was finally ready. It's almost show time.

Taylor walked toward the counter with her setlist in hand, she needed a second opinion. "I hate to bother you while you're working, but would you do me a favor?" Taylor questioned, placing the piece of paper in front of her.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"Look over the set list for me, please?"

She began to look over the paper with songs written on it. A bunch of good choices, but one song was missing. Her favorite song. "Am I forgetting anything or do I need to remove a song or two?" Taylor questioned curiously as she was given back the paper.

"There is one song you're forgetting," Y/n stated, soon seeing the curious expression on her face as she read over the list again. She looked up at her and waited to hear which song she had forgotten about. "Already forgot my favorite song?" She asked, a playfully hurt tone coming out.

The realization finally hit her after thinking about it for a second. "How could I forget Wonderland?" She then took the pencil from Y/n's hand and added the song to the end, below the last song written, which was Begin Again. She had to save the best for last.

People started flooding the store and then they knew it was showtime. The best friends smiled at each other and then Taylor took the stage, picking up her guitar once she sat down. "Hi everyone, I'm Taylor." She introduced herself, and everyone began to cheer and clap. Y/n watched her best friend talk about the first song, blown away by her way of words. She could watch Taylor perform forever if she could. If she were being honest, she'd drop everything to tour with her just to see her perform and be closer to her best friend.

She truly hated being away from Taylor for so long.

They closed the shop for the night, now making the walk to Y/n's shared house with her college roommate, Hailee Steinfeld. Along the way, the two discussed what Y/n would be making for dinner. It was between chicken tenders and cheeseburgers with fries.

It was a difficult decision to make on their own.

They got to the house and went to the kitchen to see what was available to make. From the looks of it, both were available but they just had to choose. Y/n was going to decide for the both of them but luckily for them, her college roommate was home.

They turned toward the brunette, feeling lucky that someone could decide for them. "I see Y/n is making dinner." She spoke as she entered the room, soon looking over at Taylor with a grin. "What are we having?" She questioned.

"That's actually what we're trying to figure out," Y/n confirmed. "Would you rather have cheeseburgers or chicken tenders?"

She thought about it for a minute, and Taylor did the same. "Here's an idea," Hailee spoke up, the two friends now looking at her. "Since this seems special, considering Taylor Swift is in our house, why not make both?"

"I could have thought of that."

"Yet you didn't." Hailee grinned playfully before receiving a glare from Y/n. Hailee walked back to her room, humming a song to herself. That was enough to make Taylor laugh.

Together, they made the food with music playing in the background. Now and then, Taylor would take pictures to post on social media later, and the two would dance around the kitchen, having fun like they have their whole lives. It was perfect for Y/n. Honestly, neither of them wanted the moment to end.

As the music continued to play, the two sat at the table to eat and chat. It just occurred to Y/n that she never thanked Taylor earlier in the bookshop. "You don't have to thank me for that little performance," Taylor spoke before eating one of her fries. Y/n looked at her with a confused expression, wondering where this was coming from. "I know you like the back of my hand, the look on your face was a dead giveaway. You don't have to thank me though. I'd go all the way to France for cheese if you asked me to. You're my best friend after all."

Y/n smiled at her friend before changing the subject. She asked about her recent rerecording and the backstory of the vault tracks. Taylor was happy to talk about it.

It was a good day for both of them.

————————
brooke speaks!

i want you all to
know that i already
have notes for the
last two chapters.
hoping for no mistakes!