chapter eleven | heartbreak

SINCE LAST NIGHT, Y/n couldn't stop thinking about the concert. She had so much fun with the fans and then had a fun time with Taylor and her parents at the restaurant they picked. Taylor would tell her stories about things that happened in the studio or moments that she had with her friends.

Y/n heard the words, but she could only focus on Taylor's laugh and smile. The next day, she continued to think about it. Nothing distracted her from work, though.

Well, Taylor might be able to.

She walked into the shop with a smile on her face and a small brown bag in her hand. "Wasn't expecting to see you today," Y/n spoke and smiled once she approached the register. "What's in the bag?"

"A present for you," Taylor replied simply and handed her the bag. She smiled, waiting for Y/n to open it but she received a suspicious look instead. "It's safe, I promise. It's a donut, I got your favorite." She told her, ensuring she knew it wouldn't hurt her.

"What's this for?" Y/n questioned as she pulled the donut out of the bag. She took a bite before going with her to sit on the couch that is located in the corner of the store, it was the famous reading corner. "It's not my birthday or anything."

"I just wanted to show my appreciation to you for being a great friend and everything."

"You didn't have to do that."

"Well, I leave tomorrow, so I wanted to in case I didn't get to see you." She explained, and that's when it became real to her. Taylor has to finish the tour. She was pulled out of her thoughts once she saw that Taylor remembered something. "Speaking of, I wanted to hang out before I had to pack."

"I'd love to, but I can't." She felt horrible for turning her down, but she was too busy. She had to work. The sad look on Taylor's face wasn't making this any easier for her. "What if I stop by after my shift and help you pack?" She offered, soon seeing Taylor's mood change a bit.

"I guess that's okay."

"Okay, I'll see you later then." Y/n smiled. Taylor grinned at her and then left the shop.

Once she was gone, a sad sigh escaped her lips. It was difficult saying no to her, but she had to.

"You could have gone with her," Elvis spoke as he walked toward the register to grab something. She looked at him in a questioning manner, unsure of what he meant. "We have everything here covered. You should get to spend time with the love of your life as long as possible." He teased.

"I hate you so much."

"I love you more." He grinned, soon walking away to continue his shift.

Although she could have, she didn't leave to catch up with Taylor. The thought of being around her and accidentally saying something scared her. It wouldn't have mattered since she was going to see Taylor right now.

She walked toward Taylor's room but was stopped by Andrea walking out of her room.

"Are you telling her tonight?" She questioned curiously. She walked beside her, hoping to get an answer. Y/n shook her head, soon seeing the questioning look on her face. "I thought you were going to."

"So did I, but I chickened out last second."

"Alright then, have fun." She went back to her room to finish packing, leaving Y/n to finish the walk to Taylor's room alone. She knew Andrea would continue to bring it up till she did it.

She finally reached the room and knocked on the door. Not even a minute later, Taylor opened the door and let her in. The conversation was normal, but different because Taylor leaves tomorrow. Once she leaves, Y/n realizes it will probably be months till she hears from Taylor again.

She said it wouldn't happen again, but how would they know? It's not like they could see the future. That's why she had to tell her everything right now. "Taylor, there's something I have to tell you," Y/n spoke up, interrupting her thoughts about a new album concept she thought of.

"What's up?"

She was going to speak but she looked up, seeing a concerned look on her face. She tried to tell her about her feelings, but she couldn't do it. "I just wanted to say that I'm super proud of you and I'm gonna miss you."

"I'm gonna miss you too." Taylor smiled sadly and pulled her into a hug.

Attempt number one was a fail, but her last chance to do it was tomorrow. Maybe she'll be ready to do it in the morning.

Today was the day. Taylor leaves for Foxborough, Massachusetts. She would also confess her feelings to her, which still freaked her out to even think about it. It had to happen eventually though.

Y/n and the Swift family stood outside the tour bus, taking the time to say goodbye to each other. Scott and Andrea had hugged Y/n before getting on the bus, leaving the two friends alone.

"You know, I had a lot of fun with you this week," Taylor spoke, soon flashing her a sad smile. This was it, time to tell her everything. There was no backing out for her now. "I'm gonna miss you."

Taylor pulled her in for a hug once she felt a single tear fall down her cheek. She hugged her tighter than usual, it lasted for a few seconds. The two pulled away with sad smiles on their faces, Taylor was almost on the bus when Y/n looked up to find Andrea in the window, giving her a look to say something. It was scary to see at first, it looked like a scene from a horror movie.

"Taylor, wait!" She spoke, shifting her attention to Taylor, and watched as she walked back off the bus and toward her. Her facial expression was a mix of confusion and concern. "There was something I meant to say yesterday, but I chickened out."

"What is it, Y/n?"

This was it. Any scary feeling she had was gone, that was her sign to do it. "I love you, Taylor. More like I'm in love with you." She admitted. Taylor looked at her with a shocked expression, unsure of how to react after hearing this come from her best friend. "I couldn't hide it anymore. Since that day you convinced me to leave work early, I never thought of you as my best friend, and when I saw the photos of couples in that antique shop, I imagined that it was us. You mean so much to me. I had to get that off my chest before you left."

Taylor was speechless, she didn't know what to say or how to feel. She's been friends with Y/n her whole life and then she confessed that.

"Taylor, please say something."

"I have to go, I have to finish my tour."

When she heard those words, her heart hurt. She knew something like this would happen. She felt hurt and stupid. "I get it, I don't want to keep you from your fans." Without saying a word, Taylor quickly got on the bus and told the driver to leave.

As she watched the bus drive away, she continued to think about Taylor's reaction. At that point, a tear had fallen. She was hurting. This was probably the worst heartbreak she'd ever felt, the heartbreak that Taylor caused.

She probably lost her best friend forever.

————————
brooke speaks!

the ending made me
cry. anyway bear
with me, the ending
will be worth it, i
promise! hoping
there's no mistakes!