chapter nine | night two

THROUGHOUT THE DAY, she had been communicating back and forth with Andrea and Taylor, both for completely different reasons. She was still trying to get answers about seats from Andrea, and Taylor was updating her on the current state of the stage and outfit changes.

Since texting wasn't working with Andrea, Y/n has decided to pay her a visit to the stadium. Taylor was working on the show, so she wasn't aware that Y/n was there. That was a good thing, she didn't want to distract her.

She asked around, hoping someone knew where Andrea was until someone finally told her.

"Alright Andrea, I need answers about—" She almost demanded as she walked into the dressing room, soon seeing Taylor. She was standing there, talking to her mother, and then looked at her. "Oh hey, Taylor." She spoke and let out a nervous chuckle.

"Hello to you too." She spoke curiously and walked toward her best friend. She wrapped an arm around her, pulling her into a side hug. "What are you doing here?" She questioned, keeping eye contact with her.

That was making Y/n nervous.

She struggled to find the words, they were kind of coming out as a stutter, and the eye contact wasn't making it any better. Taylor didn't seem to notice. That was good news to Y/n. "You know, just wanting to chat with your mom."

"I guess I'll leave you to do that then. I gotta get going anyway." She walked over to her mom and hugged her, soon telling her she loved her, and then walked back to her best friend. "You know I love you more than anything." She reminded her with a grin.

Before Y/n could reply, Taylor pulled her into a hug once again and kissed her on the top of the head. "I'll see you two later." She spoke one last time, soon leaving Y/n and Andrea alone in the dressing room.

Y/n looked at Andrea, unaware of the blush that appeared on her cheeks. If that didn't confirm her feelings, she wasn't sure what did.

"You're in love with her, aren't you?" Andrea questioned with a teasing grin plastered on her face. She always suspected it, but never said anything till now. "It's okay to admit it."

"Okay, fine. I admit it."

"Tell me about everything."

She got home around 6 p.m. that evening to find a bag sitting on the couch. She walked toward it, wondering what it could be. She slightly opened it to find the shirt she asked her cousin, Lacy, to make for her. The famous 22 music video shirt.

She sat next to the bag and pulled out the shirt, looking at it with a smile. Now, her outfit for tomorrow is complete, except for one tiny detail. The hat, the one thing she didn't get. She couldn't find it on the internet anywhere, almost like it didn't exist.

As she put the shirt back in the bag, Hailee walked in like she was looking for something. "I see you found your shirt that Lacy dropped off." She pointed out, continuing to look for whatever she was looking for. From the looks of it, it wasn't in the living room. "Have you seen my jacket?" She curiously asked and then looked up to finally find what she was looking for. She looked at her with a confused expression once she spotted it. "Y/n, are you wearing my jacket?"

"Look, I was cold and it was the first one I saw." She explained as she took it off, soon throwing it at her. "Where are you going anyway?"

"Out with some friends. Do you need anything while I'm out?"

"How about some flirting lessons?"

"We'll talk about that later." She spoke and then pulled on her jacket. Once she grabbed her keys, she turned to look at her friend to say one more thing. "If you need anything, like anything at all, I'll have my phone on me."

"Thanks, Hailee. I'll be sure to remember that."

"Good, I'll see you later." She smiled and waved before she left. Once she was gone, Y/n let out a sigh and then stood up, soon taking her shirt to her room.

Tomorrow's concert will be great.

It was a beautiful night outside, with warm air and bright stars in the sky. She took the opportunity to have a moment like the movies. The kind of moment when the main character has finally come to terms with falling in love with someone they shouldn't, but they're lying outside on the grass with music to think about everything that got them to that point.

For her, it started when Taylor was back in her life. When she first reunited with her.

She thought about everything. The dinner, the apology, the bookstore concert, the antique shop visit, all the hangouts, just everything. Her whole life with Taylor led her to this moment, and she had no idea till now. There's only one more thing to do, tell her everything.

The song changed for the tenth time and then she heard a voice she recognized very well. At first, she thought it was the song she was listening to but she then saw Taylor standing over her, soon sitting next to her. "What are you doing out here?" She questioned, now looking over at her. She noticed the smile on her face first, then it was the earbuds and music of choice.

"Just thinking about stuff." She replied honestly and paused the music. She took out one of her earbuds and looked at her, she always looked so beautiful in the moonlight. That was something she never fully noticed before. "What are you doing here?"

"I did say I would see you later."

"I guess that did happen."

The two began to laugh at her response. A few seconds later, they calmed down and looked at each other with smiles on their faces. "So, what are you listening to?" She asked as she laid on her back, keeping her eyes on Y/n.

Without saying a word, she gave her one of the earbuds. Once she put it in, Y/n hit play, and then "Teenage Dirtbag" by Wheatus began to play. "Now, we just stare at the sky and enjoy each other's company."

"I can do that."

For the next couple of hours, that's what they did. They listened to music and enjoyed each other's company. She may not have told Taylor today, but she still has a few more days.

She has plenty of time.

————————
brooke speaks!

okay so, this will
end up being a
short story but
there's a few more
chapters left! also
i cried while writing
this. hoping there's
no mistakes!